Ceriatone Yeti

ClintN667

I'm thinking about getting a Ceriatone Yeti kit for my next build in the next couple months. I was planning on getting the kit without the transformers. For you guys that have built one which transformers will work? I was assuming a standard marshall style would work? I have a classictone choke already that I could use so I'm 1/3 of the way there.

If it's a 50 watt, go with ClassicTone 40-18025 Output transformer

If it's a 100watt, I'm a big fan of the Metro/Heyboer C1999.

You can save a few bucks buy using the ClassicTone 40-18026, and it will sound great in the Yeti, but the Metro C1999 is just special in a Marshall style build.....

For the PT, just get the appropriate ClassicTone power transformer for a 50 or 100watt build.

Are you doing 50 watt or 100 watt? I've built a bunch of these (50 watters) and I've used a bunch of different iron: Ceriatone, Heyboer, Marstran, Merren, Mercury, Classic Tone. They all work. And they all sound good. I just prefer the specs of one or two over the others and some come with the PT wired with eyelets instead of hard-wired leads. I prefer the former since it makes for a cleaner install.

If you're going to build one yourself I recommend at the very least doing the following changes:

1. Add the missing 10K B+ dropping resistor between PI node and CF node.
2. Lower slope resistor from 47K to 33K.
3. Raise NFB resistor from 39K to 47K.

I know it's all personal preference but these amps sound much better to me with those changes. And if you're building the amp yourself you can just temporarily place in #1 and #3 to see how they sound in comparison to the stock values. But #1 is a MUST.

FourT6and2":2xi9fhol said:
Are you doing 50 watt or 100 watt? I've built a bunch of these (50 watters) and I've used a bunch of different iron: Ceriatone, Heyboer, Marstran, Merren, Mercury, Classic Tone. They all work. And they all sound good. I just prefer the specs of one or two over the others and some come with the PT wired with eyelets instead of hard-wired leads. I prefer the former since it makes for a cleaner install.

If you're going to build one yourself I recommend at the very least doing the following changes:

I know it's all personal preference but these amps sound much better to me with those changes. And if you're building the amp yourself you can just temporarily place in #1 and #3 to see how they sound in comparison to the stock values. But #1 is a MUST.

I'm glad you chimed in. I think Im going to go with a 50 watt since thats kind of my preferred wattage. Im leaning towards the Yeti but Chupa is tempting as well. Thanks for the tips! I've got a few little things I want to improve on my 2204 build before I order the Yeti/Chupa so hopefully by the end of the month I'm going to order one.

ClintN667":6vto0blg said:
FourT6and2":6vto0blg said:

I'm glad you chimed in. I think Im going to go with a 50 watt since thats kind of my preferred wattage. Im leaning towards the Yeti but Chupa is tempting as well. Thanks for the tips! I've got a few little things I want to improve on my 2204 build before I order the Yeti/Chupa so hopefully by the end of the month I'm going to order one.
Don't forget that converting a 2204 to Yeti or Chupa is also viable, unless you know for sure that you love the 2204.

Back