FX8 and Rivera KnuckleHead Help

Tobe

Good day all,

I have a Fractal Audio FX8 and a Rivera Knucklehead [K7] that I am trying to use together with the 4CM method. No matter what I seem to do, the Rivera FX send never clips the input of the FX8. Even with the FX send and return set to 10 on the Rivera, the volume level drops significantly when I turn on the loop to try and use the FX8. If the blend isn't set to 10 on the Rivera, there is no effect at all. Anyone out there use a Rivera amp similar to the Knucklehead and a FX8? I am stumped. Thank you!

Tobe":2n18elk6 said:
Good day all,

I have a Fractal Audio FX8 and a Rivera Knucklehead [K7] that I am trying to use together with the 4CM method. No matter what I seem to do, the Rivera FX send never clips the input of the FX8. Even with the FX send and return set to 10 on the Rivera, the volume level drops significantly when I turn on the loop to try and use the FX8. If the blend isn't set to 10 on the Rivera, there is no effect at all. Anyone out there use a Rivera amp similar to the Knucklehead and a FX8? I am stumped. Thank you!
When you say "blend", that sounds to me like the Rivera has a parallel effects loop. Is this correct? If it has a series/parallel select, switch it to series. A parallel loop and digital effects don't work well together, due to digital latency. As far as the levels are concerned, if the KH loop send level is maxed-out, you'll need to address the input level response at the FX8. The default input is likely set to minimum.

Is this the one you have?

https://reverb.com/item/28110657-rivera ... -tube-head

Back