Hopkins Modded Ceriatone 100 Watt King Kong (Cameron CCV)

So this is my amp. Let me start by saying that I'm not a professional musician in any way. Just a hobby player. With that out of the way.......
I had high hopes for this amp when I first purchased it. The concept is awesome! Basically three moddable Marshall channels. Unfortunately it just sounded lifeless. It was like a blanket had been thrown over my cabs no matter what I did to the settings. Even with an MXR 10 eq. So I got in touch with David, we discussed a few particulars, and I'm here to say this is what I was after!?. The amp BREATHES. The loud grind is there. The switches do what there supposed to do. Dave is a damn nice guy and does really fantastic work at a reasonable price in my opinion. Don't hesitate to contact David. He's getting more of my business ?

treebee49":2vd9clzi said:
So this is my amp. Let me start by saying that I'm not a professional musician in any way. Just a hobby player. With that out of the way.......
I had high hopes for this amp when I first purchased it. The concept is awesome! Basically three moddable Marshall channels. Unfortunately it just sounded lifeless. It was like a blanket had been thrown over my cabs no matter what I did to the settings. Even with an MXR 10 eq. So I got in touch with David, we discussed a few particulars, and I'm here to say this is what I was after!?. The amp BREATHES. The loud grind is there. The switches do what there supposed to do. Dave is a damn nice guy and does really fantastic work at a reasonable price in my opinion. Don't hesitate to contact David. He's getting more of my business ?

treebee49 you are very welcome my friend. Glad I could lend my ears and help out. The amp was a joy to play afterward.

Thanks for the great words.

David Hopkins

Sounds great as always Dave! Nice work.

Anyone who can modify amplifiers and play that well is tops in my book :yes:

H8 delay on demos. If it doesn't sound good dry, something is wrong.
Tough shit!

I don't see David trying to sell you anything in the Classified's do you? For crying out loud man, this is the Tech Corner. Dave is just giving everyone a taste of how he tweaked this amp. Just so happens the owner of said amp has already chimed in stating how happy he is with Dave's work so basically you taking a big crap on this thread is low IMO.

Sounds great as always Dave! Nice work.

Anyone who can modify amplifiers and play that well is tops in my book :yes:

Tough shit!

I don't see David trying to sell you anything in the Classified's do you? For crying out loud man, this is the Tech Corner. Dave is just giving everyone a taste of how he tweaked this amp. Just so happens the owner of said amp has already chimed in stating how happy he is with Dave's work so basically you taking a big crap on this thread is low IMO.
Stating my opinion, sorry you are so butt hurt.

Not just directed at this clip. I see it all the time. "Heres the latest $5K dumble clone! Sounds awesome (but only with this $100 delay in the loop).

What's it sound like dry? Add effects, everything starts sounding generic.

Not just directed at this clip. I see it all the time. "Heres the latest $5K dumble clone! Sounds awesome (but only with this $100 delay in the loop).

This video was specifically made for the customer and was just posted on David's YT channel to give the customer a quick video snippet of the changes he made to the amp. David does amazing work and most importantly David offers beyond top notch customer communication in the forms of phone calls, emails, texts and videos to be lock step with his customers. David does not offer a one flavor does all but specifically tweaks the amps each individually to get the harmonics, growl, saturation and chewiness that he feels is necessary. I had the privilege of owning a Pandora Mod JCM 800 but have recently switched to modelling due to my current needs. David had to do a repair on my amp and posted the same type of video online to show me the before and after work on the amp and showing that it was fixed. He didn't need to do this but again goes back to the level of customer support that he provides. David also have numerous video's online displaying his modded amps and all start off dry to show the dry tone and then adds the effects in to show how the amp reacts with the effects loops, many of which are new effects loops as he installs the metro zero loss loops in his designs.

Bro, this is 2021. We are no longer entitled to our opinions.

No. Sorry, but you are in the wrong here.

So instead of simply apologizing, you double down. Real classy. BTW - I hope you are not the real Ray Barbee.

Like I said, this is Tech Corner, not Clip Collective, or Off Topic or even the Main Forum - where pretty much anything is game. I would have left it alone if that had been the case because I don't really care for lots of effects either in true demos. By you saying you H8 (like a 13 year old) demos (which this really wasn't) such as this and that "something is wrong" implies that either the amp isn't what David said it was or he has to cover up sloppy playing - neither of which are true.

Good day and best of luck to you here at R-T

No. Sorry, but you are in the wrong here.

So instead of simply apologizing, you double down. Real classy. BTW - I hope you are not the real Ray Barbee.

Like I said, this is Tech Corner, not Clip Collective, or Off Topic or even the Main Forum - where pretty much anything is game. I would have left it alone if that had been the case because I don't really care for lots of effects either in true demos. By you saying you H8 (like a 13 year old) demos (which this really wasn't) such as this and that "something is wrong" implies that either the amp isn't what David said it was or he has to cover up sloppy playing - neither of which are true.

Good day and best of luck to you here at R-T
Best part is people on these forums do not do video's, do not have the talent or skill set to modify or to build amps yet they continue to bash to individuals that take the time to share items with others. Keyboard warriors.......

Bro, this is 2021. We are no longer entitled to our opinions.
You're breaking my heart.

Sure you are, you just have to not give a F what fascist opinion police think about it.
This is a privately owned and run forum, you’re not “entitled“ to shit. You made a prickly comment, and shouldn’t be surprised you received backlash. There’s a cool way of commenting, and theres a dick way of commenting, and you chose the ladder. Then you cast accusations of “butthurt” when you’re obviously butthurt for being called out. Pot meet kettle....And if you can’t hear that that amp would still sound killer dry, you’re in the wrong place.

Back