Cutting holes for jack in faceplate

ClintN667

Hey guys I'm re using components from my 2204 build for a 50 watt plexi. Whats an easy and neat way to cut the faceplate for the additional inputs? I have the 4 holes in the chassis already just need to cut the faceplate from the 2204 panel

Nevermind. I went at it with my drill. Doesnt look too bad. Hopefully once I get the washer on the jack it will look fine

A little late I know, but I prefer this style of drill for thin metal like aluminium and steel chassis, and plexi-glass panels.
I drill a very small pilot hole with a regular drill bit ( to verify the location and prevent the step drill wandering ) and then I drill to size with these.
They tend not to grab in the thin material, and they don't dive into the hole as you break through like a regular drill bit can.
Just use a slower speed.

Attachments

• step drill.jpg
    step drill.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 2,151
fusedbrain":13t1hpvs said:
A little late I know, but I prefer this style of drill for thin metal like aluminium and steel chassis, and plexi-glass panels.
I drill a very small pilot hole with a regular drill bit ( to verify the location and prevent the step drill wandering ) and then I drill to size with these.
They tend not to grab in the thin material, and they don't dive into the hole as you break through like a regular drill bit can.
Just use a slower speed.

yep these are the shit for all your guitar/amp building needs

Back