Fryette PS2 Best solution for bad FX loop?

EP9

I have a FX loop in my amp that no matter what what my tech has done to it or where he sets the FX send levels, it ends up distorting certain delay pedals I have. Multiple techs have tried to address the issue but the amp was simply made for line level rack stuff.

A buddy let me borrow his Fryette Power station 2 and the FX loop in that unit works exactly how I want. Was going to pull the trigger on one of these but I figured I'd see if anyone else had something they might recommend over the Fryette. Thanks.

What amp are you referring to? Also what pedal(s)? Is the loop set properly instrument VS line level if that is an option.

As far as the question I haven't honestly looked into the fryette ps for a while, I am more into the suhr RLIR at the moment as it seemed like the best unit for me and my use.

Sorry for not answering any of your questions. Lol.

Idk when people got the idea that loops and pedals work well together. The loop is after the preamp, and the signal is converted to a low impedance, which 9 times out of 10 means it’s for RACK GEAR. Buy a rack delay and enjoy your loop as it is.

Exactly when did this trend of running pedals in a fuckn loop begin? Most are not made for that and IMO if they are then those are the loops that arent worth a shit. Who the hell wants a -10 loop? Oh the guy that runs pedals in his loop/ LOL

I dunno about "the best" but I run my Sound City (no loop) through my original Powerstation and the loop in it works perfectly. I run my Echolution and Space Race through it always.

The Fryette PS 2 is great device. It does so much for a reasonable cost. As far as putting pedals in the loop, I do cause I only use a Fortin Zuul and a EQD dispatch master delay/reverb combo pedal. I dont want to haul around a rack for 2 effects.

What amp? You can certainly have a loop that works well with pedals. In many cases, a solid state buffered loop is the best choice for pedals. Of course depending on the amp in question, may or may not be able to retrofit

Back