Snap Crackle and Pops from my Les Pauls

herewegoagain

I have some type of ground loop situation going on, and it is about to drive me insane..

Everything I have, including my PC and recording interface, is powered through a Furman 80x. My two LP's are giving me crackling noises whenever I touch and release a metal part on the guitars. I have looked and there are no unsoldered wires in either guitar. My strat and teles have a little hum as should be expected from single coils, but exhibit none of the crackling noise.

I can hook a wire from the guitars to my foot, or mouth or pretty much anywhere on my body, and problem solved..but obviously I don't want to have to do this.

I need some help, guys. How do I ground this system without using myself as the ground.

Thanks in advance for the help.

First of all, you need to identify where the ground issue is. I have dealt with this before. first thing to do is get rid of the furman and go straight into the interface. This will eliminate the furman, or identify it, obviously.

After you do that, or before, if you have a guitar with active pickups, try that in there. Sometimes you will have noise enter into the chain through no fault of the equipment. Being too close to monitors, fans, picking up signals, etc. However, if the active pickups are quiet, then you isolate the two Les Pauls which probably means that it is normal hum from passives. Obviously, it isn't something that you hear usually, so something is magnifying it by adding a signal.

Back