Mesa 4x12 owners: anyone rewire to series/parallel?

N

Nigel

Just got one, usually hate parallel-series but it’s okay.

Going to treat the backboard for standing waves, but hesitant to pull that pretty stock wiring if the difference isn’t huge. Usually go Sound Runner 10 ga. with Aiken wiring immediately...

Wow, 10 gage! That is fat. Does it even fit in the solder tabs?

Just my opinion but for runs that short it doesn't need to be that thick. For short runs inside a cab 18 or maybe 16 seems plenty.

But that is a great question about series-parallel vs parallel- series. I've had one for years and never considered trying that until now.

Bogner uses that 238 strand oxygen-free copper Marshall Sound Runner 10 gauge, so I got that to do my cabs. Basically, you tin the end and just solder it like a log onto the tab, not through it.

It’s just more “open” sounding to me.

So I called Boogie, and their guy, who’s been there since the 80’s, didn’t know why their website (zen desk) shows series/parallel wiring, as well as the manuals stating it.

Their cabs are wired p/s, but even if they just got the easily confusable nomenclature backwards , the wiring diagram is literally two series pairs, parallel at the jack, which is the opposite of their product.

Back