... meanwhile 23 years ago, at the time, as the introduction of my very first Dino just has been 3 years ago...
... I still didn't build too much of my own amps. At that time I've merely built 3 or 4 DINO's every year, but...
... I've built, or better rebuilt lots of Marshall amps.
It's always been the same way, that first I've ripped out all & everything, what's been inside the chassis.
The entire circuit, pots, jacks, aso. and I've left over just the transformers, the electrolytics & the output tube sockets on the chassis.
Ok, for measuring and drilling holes, punching holes for additional preamp tube sockets, aso. temporarily I've also removed the trannies.
Then - until 2005 - I've used solder strips for creating a completely new circuit.
I've drilled additional holes into the fron & back of the chassis for additional pots & jacks...
... and sometimes I've made even a new front panel for my Marshall rebuilds.
Usually I've built 3 channel amps w/ Clean, Crunch & Lead with additional tube based effects loop.
Just a week ago, one of my rebuilds came back to its 'father', asking for retubing plus update.
Here it is, the nice baby - named DINO JM 732
And as you can see on the following photos, there's not much left over of the original Marshall:
And finally some photos of the amp chassis out of its head shell:
Oh yes, there's some sentimentality creaping up inside me, when a 23 y.o. baby of me is coming back...
... and after circuit update and retubing then is simply sounding so overwhelming, that my eyes became slightly wet