The BFG Snorkler Mod

Normally, I'm not one for modded amps, but that sounded killer! I so wish I had the spare income to get one of these right now.

That is damn close! Nice job! I've been obsessed with the Facelift tone forever. "Bleed the Freak" intro guitar, with that "sticky" somewhat brown sound, but dark and a little bit honky is one of the best recorded tones ever IMO. I'd love one of these amps!

How different is this from your AIC mod?

Thanks for the kudos...it was a fun amp to build.

glassjaw7":8mn9ccqw said:
That is damn close! Nice job! I've been obsessed with the Facelift tone forever. "Bleed the Freak" intro guitar, with that "sticky" somewhat brown sound, but dark and a little bit honky is one of the best recorded tones ever IMO. I'd love one of these amps!

How different is this from your AIC mod?

It is very different...this is one of those deals that you really have to have the sum of all the parts for the early stuff, and the red knobs :D. The AIC mod I have done in the past will get you closest to the newer stuff and certainly in the ballpark going back.

Brian

steve_k":20ppvgxv said:
Lp Freak":20ppvgxv said:
How much extra are the red knobs? :LOL: :LOL:

Cost was not an object when it came to the knob job. Tone is in the knobs man..... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
No doubt. :thumbsup:
MetroampFriedman001.jpg

Cool Post, amp sounds nice! its definatly very close it seems from the clips. Is there extra pre tubes added,clipping,etc,?? post some details

Sounds very cool and I dig the "snorkler" logo; nice touch :thumbsup: That said, Todd Duane (ampaddict) had a bogner modded 800 that sounded dead on nuts to the snorkler. Unfortunately he took the clips down...I imagine an original bogner mod is about as "rare as hens teeth"(that saying was for you Steve) so this is the next best thing for sure. If you don't mind me asking Steve/Brian how much is the mod?? I may have to start looking for a suitable jcm 800 :rock:

Stramm8":1zdvd6gs said:
Sounds very cool and I dig the "snorkler" logo; nice touch :thumbsup: That said, Todd Duane (ampaddict) had a bogner modded 800 that sounded dead on nuts to the snorkler. Unfortunately he took the clips down...I imagine an original bogner mod is about as "rare as hens teeth"(that saying was for you Steve) so this is the next best thing for sure. If you don't mind me asking Steve/Brian how much is the mod?? I may have to start looking for a suitable jcm 800 :rock:

Rare indeed. There's 3 or 4 Bogner modded Marshall's that I know of still in captivity. I have one. But, it isn't a Snorkler mod but more of a hot-rod plexi with what became the Cantrell mod on the Fish. All of Bogner's mods that exist seemed to be predecessors to his production amp circuits. Which, is pretty cool. Mine's in storage, aging some more....

I will let Brian answer you in private on pricing.

Steve

steve_k":1tcnopx4 said:
Stramm8":1tcnopx4 said:

Rare indeed. There's 3 or 4 Bogner modded Marshall's that I know of still in captivity. I have one. But, it isn't a Snorkler mod but more of a hot-rod plexi with what became the Cantrell mod on the Fish. All of Bogner's mods that exist seemed to be predecessors to his production amp circuits. Which, is pretty cool. Mine's in storage, aging some more....

Steve

10-4. Thanks for the info on the bogner mods.

Stramm8":915vech0 said:
steve_k":915vech0 said:
Stramm8":915vech0 said:

Steve

10-4. Thanks for the info on the bogner mods.

Glad you like the Mod. Brian does amazing work!

Out for delivery yesterday was my new Snorkler Mod from Brian at BFG. The tone print is great and Brian did his homework on this. Not just a couple of cap changes and what not either. He basically rebuilt the tone stack and most of the power end as well. The EQ tapers are great and easy to dial up early Cantrell type tones. With a little adjustment, the amp goes into almost a Master of Puppets IIC+ vibe. It will get some great Jones's tones too for the Tool attack. It is going to be a cool amp to have around the cave and will get a gig test drive soon. For you guys who are seeking some sort of tone print or for a general Marshall mod, Brian is reasonable on cost, will do his homework to get you something very custom and quick. No fucking about with him. I didn't want anything complicated or any switching on this one. Will get some clips up today after work.

Steve

IMG_1751.jpg

IMG_1752.jpg

steve_k":1tk4z4ov said:
Out for delivery yesterday was my new Snorkler Mod from Brian at BFG. The tone print is great and Brian did his homework on this. Not just a couple of cap changes and what not either. He basically rebuilt the tone stack and most of the power end as well. The EQ tapers are great and easy to dial up early Cantrell type tones. With a little adjustment, the amp goes into almost a Master of Puppets IIC+ vibe. It will get some great Jones's tones too for the Tool attack. It is going to be a cool amp to have around the cave and will get a gig test drive soon. For you guys who are seeking some sort of tone print or for a general Marshall mod, Brian is reasonable on cost, will do his homework to get you something very custom and quick. No fucking about with him. I didn't want anything complicated or any switching on this one. Will get some clips up today after work.

Steve

IMG_1751.jpg

IMG_1752.jpg
You right Steve!! Brian is a talented guy and he's passionate about it!! He really cares if you like it and wants to make sure you're happy!! :thumbsup:

Back