Gary Holt from Exodus is now a Rig-Talk Member.....

Wow that is fucking awesome, Gary if you are reading this you blew my head of during the Tempo of the Dammed tour in New York a couple of years ago.

Maybe he will put an end to the numerous ramblings on what gear they use/used..........I've heard them all...........Hiwatts boosted with 2 SD-1's, Modded Marshalls, boosted XXX's, JSX.

By the way, Gary is one of my favorite guitarists.....welcome aboard

:bang:

the XXX is his live set-up, From what Brent has told me he used a XXX straight up with the boost for solos on the last record, and his Langner Modded 800 on Tempo and the other albums....

But no Marshall mixed with the XXX....

>|<>QBB<
Juggernaut":fcf79 said:
the XXX is his live set-up, From what Brent has told me he used a XXX straight up with the boost for solos on the last record, and his Langner Modded 800 on Tempo and the other albums....

But no Marshall mixed with the XXX....

ahh cool I thought I saw a marshall when I saw him.

>|<>QBB<
Juggernaut":de907 said:
his Langner Modded 800 on Tempo and the other albums....

Now there's a name from the past. I remember back in the 90's when my friend B. Minnery was managing Forbidden and Tim and Craig were telling me that they were getting Langner er I thought it was Langer.....anyway they were getting Poweramps designed by them....deja vu.. 8)

:twisted: :twisted:

Exodus fuckin rulz!!!!! and gary is one of the best metal guitarists going!!!

I second CAJUN HELL!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted:

awsome to have you here!!!

Hey, thanks for the welcome! Since I'm a gear junky like most of you, I'm stoked to have found this place!
Okay gear. Bonded by blood. Hiwatt with to Boss super overdrives, gains on 10, drives off. Sounds crazy, but it worked. Live back then I used two, but one was for a lead boost only through a Marshall.
Everything else until the latest was recorded with my Marshalls, but they weren't modded until before Impact.
Used to run a bunch of shit with them , BBE, Rane parametric eq, hush IICX. Tempo it was straight through, one cab, one sm57. Nothing else.
Before Shovel Headed Kill Machine, I tried them out but wasn't getting the results I wanted. Just had them re-tubed and they were sounding different. 20 year old amps you know! But I had been using the Peavey XXX for a while and it kills. Went straight in for the record. Live, a bunch of Home Brew stuff, Boss Octave pedal, and some other stuff from time to time.

Back