Announcement: Fortin – Randall – Metallica & more

FortinAmps":1uyhkx0i said:
Hey Guys!

I am proud to announce that I will be designing, as well as overseeing the production of, a new tube amplifier line with Randall. This includes a new amp for Kirk Hammett, which is based off the MEATHEAD amplifier. The picture that just surfaced is based on my Meathead that I hand built for Kirk and Randall. Here are a couple of pics of them. The production versions will not say Meathead on them, cosmetics will much different and non-toilet tank looking i.e. smaller in height. These are just protos at the moment:

http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=106462

Proto 1
Kirk_proto1.jpg

Proto 2
Kirk_proto2.jpg

I flew down with Randall in late August to Metallica HQ in SF. We brought 2 prototype amps and a new 4x12 cab. We got to meet everyone there. We got face time with both Kirk and James. At one point each of them were playing through both amps at once. That was a super cool moment for me! Kirk’s proto stayed and went directly into his rack. The other amp unfortunately we could not leave it with James because it belonged to one of my customers. First show with the new Randall proto was the Big 4 show at Yankee Stadium. After that, the rig went over to India for all those shows in that part of the world. We just delivered his 2nd prototype days after US Thanksgiving. Now he has one for each touring rig. James is next :)

Another aspect of my involvement will include addressing some of their current production amps, tube and solid state. In case some of you were not aware, Randall was purchased by JAM Industries in Aug. 2009. There have been lots of changes at US Music Corp. The people that I will be working with have their hearts 100% into making killer quality amplifiers. I feel honored that I have been given the opportunity to be part of the team that breath life back into Randall’s product line. JAM is investing a lot of resources into bring Randall back on the map.

As for Fortin Amps, that will still continue. I will be bringing on some people shortly to help with certain aspects of the business. I am switching production over so I can get off the bench and more units can head out the door with much less wait times. This Randall project has taken a lot of time and effort, which has affect my ability to fill orders. This is not an excuse, it is completely my fault. I sincerely apologize to the customers I’ve had to refund orders to, turn down for modification works, and inability to accept new orders.

Stay tuned, there are lots more stuff to come in 2012!!! :rock:
Cheers,
Mike

Hey Mike,

this is awesome news! I saw just tonight about Kirk Hammett using one of your amps. Great too about your involvement with revitalising Randall. I guess they could possibly be a vehicle for your talent to reach more musicians around the world, with your flagship company being the "booteek-y" end? Just an idea I made up on the spot...(?)

Anyways thanks very much for sharing this with all, congratulations and all the best for continuing to make great amps :rock:

Wow! I can foresee my first Randall purchase. I bet these new products will sound awesome. Congrats on the new venture.

cool very good to hear.Mike you do make some sick amps and do awsome mods.these could be the first randalls i actually like...

Congrats on the deal, Mike! I think it is very cool that your designs will be more accessible (especially for us in Europe, I guess). What is a realistic estimation of the new amps becoming available on the market?

madrigal77":1a9u5b8b said:
Kirk from Metallica":1a9u5b8b said:
glassjaw7":1a9u5b8b said:
Congratulations Mike!!! Really excited and happy for you. :cheers:

Kirk...it's Jordan D. If that's you, what did you say to me outside the metrodome in Minneapolis about Fred Durst after the Summer Sanitarium show??? (remember, we went to grab the same beer and accidentally head-butted eachother? Then my sister gave you a hummer. .)

Wow, that's going way back man. Sorry to say, but I can't really remember, that was a long time ago and I try to talk to fans whenever I get a chance so it's hard to remember specifics.
Amazing that you're playing a gig, but also on Rig-Talk at the same time!!!

Guess you haven't heard of these smart phones yet. I guess I got one early because I'm a celebrity

FortinAmps":1ydygbuj said:
Ventura":1ydygbuj said:
Ace work... Make sure they treat you well, and remember - don't go changing!!

Maybe, if given another opportunity to work closely with Metallica, you could modify Kirk's wah to have an OFF/OFF toggle :dunno:

Seriously, mega congrats... You going to stay in ON??

Mo :salute:

I'll mention that to Kirk's tech and get an autographed LULU CD for you ;)
Wow, sounds pretty awesome... Whatever works - I am sure you'll have your hands even more full nowadays than before, so no stress. Just keep pumpin' out the sonic magic and ride this most awesome of waves :thumbsup:

Kirk's in da hizzy!! :shocked: Guess we'll have to behave ourselves from now on :LOL: :LOL:

Welcome aboard, and thanks for your input here Sir Hammett :thumbsup:

Mo

glpg80":3rdeg637 said:
Digital Jams":3rdeg637 said:
glpg80":3rdeg637 said:
goes to show hard work pays off, congratulations Mike cannot wait to see what comes from all of this! :cheers:

I have a feeling awesome amps at fair pricing points :thumbsup:

Should have taken the evil pumpkin to them instead so we could have had a chance at a production version :LOL: :LOL:

:rock: :rock:

There is definitely something special in that amp. I consider myself super lucky to own 2 of teh best amps out there but mostly because I have found my grail tone between the 2 of them.

These sound awesome- I know its perverse (for which I apologise), but is there any word on an RRP's or whether there will be a mix of Tubes and Solid State versions, like Kirk's current Randall series'?

Also, I really hope you guys are all just exemplary at sarcasm... :p

(That isn't really Kirk...)

Kirk from Metallica":lcjakclw said:
madrigal77":lcjakclw said:
Kirk from Metallica":lcjakclw said:
glassjaw7":lcjakclw said:
Congratulations Mike!!! Really excited and happy for you. :cheers:

Kirk...it's Jordan D. If that's you, what did you say to me outside the metrodome in Minneapolis about Fred Durst after the Summer Sanitarium show??? (remember, we went to grab the same beer and accidentally head-butted eachother? Then my sister gave you a hummer. .)

Wow, that's going way back man. Sorry to say, but I can't really remember, that was a long time ago and I try to talk to fans whenever I get a chance so it's hard to remember specifics.
Amazing that you're playing a gig, but also on Rig-Talk at the same time!!!

Guess you haven't heard of these smart phones yet. I guess I got one early because I'm a celebrity

:LOL: :LOL: LMAO... Technology is good thing !

The only thing I think you need to ask for is.... More dials !

Ventura":1744djnx said:
FortinAmps":1744djnx said:
Ventura":1744djnx said:
Ace work... Make sure they treat you well, and remember - don't go changing!!

Maybe, if given another opportunity to work closely with Metallica, you could modify Kirk's wah to have an OFF/OFF toggle :dunno:

Seriously, mega congrats... You going to stay in ON??

Mo :salute:

I'll mention that to Kirk's tech and get an autographed LULU CD for you ;)
Wow, sounds pretty awesome... Whatever works - I am sure you'll have your hands even more full nowadays than before, so no stress. Just keep pumpin' out the sonic magic and ride this most awesome of waves :thumbsup:

Kirk's in da hizzy!! :shocked: Guess we'll have to behave ourselves from now on :LOL: :LOL:

Welcome aboard, and thanks for your input here Sir Hammett :thumbsup:

Mo

Brother Mo, you know this isn't really Kirk, I hope...? Hope you liked my sweet story I made up about the Sanitarium show though. :LOL: :LOL: I don't even have a sister. ;)

Hey fake Kirk, I love your profile pic BTW. You could've at least used a pic that doesnt say "VH1" in the corner. :doh: :LOL: :LOL:

Welcome to the forum Kirk. It's awesome to hear that everything worked out with Mike. It's nice to see one of the biggest rockers in the world on a public forum connecting with other amp aficionados :rock:

Back