Gary Holt from Exodus is now a Rig-Talk Member.....

>|<>QBB<
gary666":63fd0 said:
Hey, thanks for the welcome! Since I'm a gear junky like most of you, I'm stoked to have found this place!

Welcome to the board Gary. You've come to the right place, we're a bunch of enablers here. Just ask us when you're thinking about buying something and we're always happy to give encouragement. :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chimera_%28mythology%29

"Descriptions vary – some say it had the body of a goat, the tail of a snake or dragon and the head of a lion, though others say it had heads of both the goat and lion, with a snake for a tail. It is generally considered to have been female, despite the mane adorning its lion's head. All descriptions, however, agree that it breathed fire from one or more of its heads."

>|<>QBB<
gary666":9bcbf said:
Hey, thanks for the welcome! Since I'm a gear junky like most of you, I'm stoked to have found this place!
Okay gear. Bonded by blood. Hiwatt with to Boss super overdrives, gains on 10, drives off. Sounds crazy, but it worked. Live back then I used two, but one was for a lead boost only through a Marshall.
Everything else until the latest was recorded with my Marshalls, but they weren't modded until before Impact.
Used to run a bunch of shit with them , BBE, Rane parametric eq, hush IICX. Tempo it was straight through, one cab, one sm57. Nothing else.
Before Shovel Headed Kill Machine, I tried them out but wasn't getting the results I wanted. Just had them re-tubed and they were sounding different. 20 year old amps you know! But I had been using the Peavey XXX for a while and it kills. Went straight in for the record. Live, a bunch of Home Brew stuff, Boss Octave pedal, and some other stuff from time to time.

fuck yeah! thanks for the info. i loved TOTD. welcome to the boards.

heh..... i flipped on headbangers ball quite some time ago (when tempo came out) and i caught this video. (i missed the first 10 seconds or so) and i was like wowwww!!!!! this is heavy ass shit, this sounds real old school influenced, fuckin A!!! then i saw the singer.....i didn't recognize him right away( souza put on weight apparently) . i was ssoooooo diggin it, then........the camera goes to who.......Gary holt! i was like......FUCKIN EXODUS!!!!!! they are back!!!! went out the next day and bought tempo!!
i wore out 3 Fabulous disaster tapes back in the day, very influential on me and my musical direction , along with john connely and Nuclear Assault ofcourse :wink:

Awesome, Gary! I loved your tone (and the songs) on Tempo. So totally aggressive and just MEAN. Really suited the music.

Welcome!

>|<>QBB<
gary666":1fdc3 said:
Okay gear. Bonded by blood. Hiwatt with to Boss super overdrives, gains on 10, drives off. Sounds crazy, but it worked. Live back then I used two, but one was for a lead boost only through a Marshall.
Everything else until the latest was recorded with my Marshalls, but they weren't modded until before Impact.
Used to run a bunch of shit with them , BBE, Rane parametric eq, hush IICX. Tempo it was straight through, one cab, one sm57. Nothing else.
Before Shovel Headed Kill Machine, I tried them out but wasn't getting the results I wanted. Just had them re-tubed and they were sounding different. 20 year old amps you know! But I had been using the Peavey XXX for a while and it kills. Went straight in for the record. Live, a bunch of Home Brew stuff, Boss Octave pedal, and some other stuff from time to time.

Awesome stuff! Bonded by Blood friggin rules for sure

:supz:

Holy shit. This is fucking awesome. Welcome to the boards Gary!! You're fucking amazing, and I can't thank you enough for how much influence you guys have on my playing.

On Pleasures I used a Boogie mark three for rythmns. We had a lot of battles with our producer. Not happy with the tone, rythmn wise, at all. On Fabulous(Like father, like son) I used my Marshalls, same ones I have know, only they weren't modded yet.
And thanks for the welcome!
And Slackdaddy, can't I get away from you anywhere! Fuck!

Back