Now that Hetfield is with Fortin, what'll happen to his Vh4?

petejt":nffrh49m said:
Okay then. But then how is it that his guitar signal sounds different for the different songs? e.g. a Kill 'em All song to a Metallica (Black Album) song? Because (live) there is a clear difference.
MAybe they were trying tosmething different at the shows you attended. But I've been to more than a few lately and standing by his rig, there are changes but they aren't drastic. His main crunch setting has barely changed in the past 15 years. That's the sound he uses for everything and all his presets are based on that. Sometimes they will take away some bass or mids, or add treble and gain, etc for certain parts.

beachbum":1q26zlv2 said:
petejt":1q26zlv2 said:
Okay then. But then how is it that his guitar signal sounds different for the different songs? e.g. a Kill 'em All song to a Metallica (Black Album) song? Because (live) there is a clear difference.
MAybe they were trying tosmething different at the shows you attended. But I've been to more than a few lately and standing by his rig, there are changes but they aren't drastic. His main crunch setting has barely changed in the past 15 years. That's the sound he uses for everything and all his presets are based on that. Sometimes they will take away some bass or mids, or add treble and gain, etc for certain parts.

about the only the thing in their set list the last 3 times i saw them that required clean was "One", i think. can't really remember anything else. Kirk does the intro to AJFA and Nothing Else Matters.

steve_k":16ij9ndj said:
beachbum":16ij9ndj said:
petejt":16ij9ndj said:

about the only the thing in their set list the last 3 times i saw them that required clean was "One", i think. can't really remember anything else. Kirk does the intro to AJFA and Nothing Else Matters.

really? metallica actually has A LOT of songs with clean parts

Master Of Puppets
Fade To Black
Sanitarium
Bleeding Me
The Day That Never Comes
One
Nothing Else Matters
Any of the instrumentals

and the list goes on... :)

beachbum":2ucpxqos said:
petejt":2ucpxqos said:

How do you get to stand by his rig?

Be super nice, lol.

Here are a few of his settings from the Fillmore shows last month.

Main Crunch. This is the main C+ tone (along with the VH4). It has hardly changed since he began using the Triaxis rig in the mid 1990s. This is the tone all his presets are based off when it comes to crunch. Whenever he just goes to his rig and plays, this is the main setting always used. It does change a bit for different songs, to compensate for different (drastic) guitar changes or tunings.
394624_10150478091882372_515912371_8775004_1557532149_n.jpg

Solo. This is James' solo tone. As you can see, the differences are slight and it's still based on the C+ mode.
394727_10150478108377372_515912371_8775044_721658307_n.jpg

Main Clean. James' main clean tone which is combined with a POD X3 these days.
385460_10150478091887372_515912371_8775005_1922132934_n.jpg

Clean Doubler. This is a clean preset that utilizes the GMajor for a slight doubling effect.
388418_10150478108317372_515912371_8775042_2109087710_n.jpg

Joeytpg":2da5gb6f said:
steve_k":2da5gb6f said:
beachbum":2da5gb6f said:
petejt":2da5gb6f said:

really? metallica actually has A LOT of songs with clean parts

Master Of Puppets
Fade To Black
Sanitarium
Bleeding Me
The Day That Never Comes
One
Nothing Else Matters
Any of the instrumentals

and the list goes on... :)

Whatever Joey.....

Back