Gary Holt from Exodus is now a Rig-Talk Member.....

On Pleasures I used a Boogie mark three for rythmns. We had a lot of battles with our producer. Not happy with the tone, rythmn wise, at all. On Fabulous(Like father, like son) I used my Marshalls, same ones I have know, only they weren't modded yet.
And thanks for the welcome!
And Slackdaddy, can't I get away from you anywhere! Fuck!

Wow, never thought anyone this famous would ever be on these boards....then again theres always Blueaholik....touring jackass :), and last...Welcome to Rig-Talk!!! a great place with great people.

>|<>QBB<
gary666":a59c9 said:
On Pleasures I used a Boogie mark three for rythmns. We had a lot of battles with our producer. Not happy with the tone, rythmn wise, at all. On Fabulous(Like father, like son) I used my Marshalls, same ones I have know, only they weren't modded yet.

>|<>QBB<
gary666":71650 said:

Which Marshall? Boost? :?
What cab? What guitar , pickups? on pleasures.....

Whats your thought on the Krank craze?

I thought I could dial it in pretty good with my 5150, with bogner
uberkab...OD808 with emg 81 loaded Schecter.... :twisted:

On Tempo, what was that setup?

BTW - Not trying to sound too much like a fanboy, but I have been into Exodus for many years (waay bacK). I lived in Winnipeg for quite sometime until I moved to Vancouver a few years ago and I missed the show with you and Megadeth. That was my only chance to see the band....I hope you come to Vancouver BC sometime soon again.

I thought Tempo was a monster of a album......I still havent gotten Shovel yet, will though.

Gary! Look to your left 8) !

What amp(s) and speakers did you and Rick use on the live CD, Another lesson in violence? I noticed in between songs when you're noodling the guitar tone sounds a little more average or regular. When the songs kick in it sounds like one hit a supersonic button and the sound gets more 3-D, alive, just overpowering. Probably Sneap's production.

Another question: I have old guitar magazines with you and Rick and one of you mention Pull-tech EQs. Did you guys rig these up thru your amps somehow or was it thru the board?

thanks man

On Pleasures I used a Yamaha guitar, one of those cheap double cutaway things, don't remember the model, but it sounded great with the stock pickups and played killer. Marshall cabs on all records, vintage 30's.
Not down with the Krank thing, all low end and no crunch. Seems like it still needs a distortion box. For the prive you should not need to add a 100 buck box to get tone.
On Tempo just my modded Marshall JCM800 (EL34's), one cab, esp V, with passive EMG's. Everybody on Sneap's board can't figure out how those EMG's got that tone, but whatever works, works.
On the live record we muted the guitars between songs, just the room mikes, which if we didn't leave on, no crown noise.
And you know me and Bernie Rico Jr.! Greatest guitar made! My sig models are the baddest motherfuckers I have ever owned. My army green one has all the sustain of neck through,which it is, and the bendability of a great bolt on. Not stiff at all. I was suprised to see your avitar!

>|<>QBB<
gary666":04064 said:
On
And you know me and Bernie Rico Jr.! Greatest guitar made! My sig models are the baddest motherfuckers I have ever owned. My army green one has all the sustain of neck through,which it is, and the bendability of a great bolt on. Not stiff at all. I was suprised to see your avitar!

I've got an old Mason Bernard, which I don't play but it's an excellent guitar. What I would like to know is where those two storage units of guitars, bodies, necks, etc. went. I'd be up for buying some of that stuff if Bernie Jr. still has it rotting in storage. :D

>|<>QBB<
gary666":16fc0 said:
. I was suprised to see your avitar!

Thats my actual guitar, not just a photo from the interweb!

I'd really like to know what amps/speakers you guys used on the live CD. Is it a big secret?

>|<>QBB<
gary666":eed98 said:
On Pleasures I used a Yamaha guitar, one of those cheap double cutaway things, don't remember the model, but it sounded great with the stock pickups and played killer. Marshall cabs on all records, vintage 30's.
Not down with the Krank thing, all low end and no crunch. Seems like it still needs a distortion box. For the prive you should not need to add a 100 buck box to get tone.
On Tempo just my modded Marshall JCM800 (EL34's), one cab, esp V, with passive EMG's. Everybody on Sneap's board can't figure out how those EMG's got that tone, but whatever works, works.
On the live record we muted the guitars between songs, just the room mikes, which if we didn't leave on, no crown noise.
Welcome, Gary. Big Bay Area Thrash fan here and been into Exodus since POTF. Speaking of that, wtf is the deal with and who is the guy who says "I like salad, just had a nice salad...baked potato...some chives..." That shit used to crack me and all my boys up back in the day....Finally a real question. Ha! :thumbsup:

that's awesome. way back in the day, i owned a cassette of Force of Habit and after a few months, i'd worn the fucking thing out. lol Thorn in My Side was a killer song.

Gary, ever impaled some sonfa bitch with this? 8)

Vixen_w_Floyd__(Gold_Trim)_For%20Gary_Of_Exodus.jpg

I've impaled myself in the legs many times with those things.
And the intrp to Pleasures was done by a guy nicknamed "Tom Skid". He was some vagrant we pulled in off the streets of S.F. with a bottle of 5 dollar wine. Hit by a bus a couple of years later and killed. Out of his mind, that guy. But we did do a bit a editing!

>|<>QBB<
gary666":437a0 said:
I've impaled myself in the legs many times with those things.
And the intrp to Pleasures was done by a guy nicknamed "Tom Skid". He was some vagrant we pulled in off the streets of S.F. with a bottle of 5 dollar wine. Hit by a bus a couple of years later and killed. Out of his mind, that guy. But we did do a bit a editing!
Thanks for the info, man. That sounds crazy. Btw, I saw you guys a couple times in the last year and you killed both times. Keep it up! :thumbsup:

Hey Gary
very big influence on myself so pretty amazing to hear about your gear !!

Have you ever tried Diezel amps?

Herbert and VH4 are awesome sick amps!

Vintage 30's in the cabs. One of our support bands in Japan, United, were using the Diezel amps, and I thought they sounded killer. Worth looking into for sure.

Back