Steve Lukather's NEW Pedalboard-RACKSYSTEMS

RACKSYSTEMS

Here's Steve's new pedalboard. We just got back from Steve's rehearsal spot and he's very pleased.

Signal Path:
Guitar-RJM Buffer(brand new product)-splits to tuner and other side to Vol Pedal-Wah-Grace Compressor-Providence Anadime Chorus-Strymon Lex-Custom built interface(under the delays)-Amp IN (Bogner Ecstacy).

AMP Send-Interface-MXR Smart Gate-Benrod Wave Pedal-Strymon Blue Sky-Custom switcher box (3 outs)
1-dry-RJM Mixer
Switched Out-Hardwire Delay 1-returns in stereo the RJM Line Mixer
Switched Out 2- Hardwire Delay 2-Returns in stereo to RJM Mixer
RJM L/R-Bogner Amp(s) returns.

Hardwire delays are modified for KILLDRY.
These delays sound like a million bucks!! Very fat sounding.

Switcher functions are for Delay 1/2 In/Out, Bogner Amp channels and a Marshall channel switching capability in case a rental amp is used.

Dave Friedman/ Mark Day

Mark says Steve sounds amazing through this rig. What a great player!

100_0806.jpg

100_0809.jpg

IMG_1675.jpg

IMG_1674.jpg

I guess the ol' 101B is still a great amp after all! :thumbsup: If it's good enough for Steve Lukather......

Anyways, back on point: nice board; great work!

awesome dave!

wave pedal?
and are the flashback and blue sky all in the same loop so he can manually add or subtract them in real time

two things pop to mind...

1) he should be rocking a dirty shirley and trade out one of the bogners :)

2) is bradshaw out of commission?

i've always associated luke with bob as they have always been synonymous so the fact that he came to you seems pretty telling for bob's status. nothing against you because you rule :rock: but it just seems long time bradshaw guys like luke and landau are bouncing.

when you were in your weddington location next to brauer eons ago, as i was leaving your shop with my little son and my triaxis/rivera rack in tow, we bumped into luke in the hallway right outside your door and he was very cool to me and my boy.

..you really need to reach out and work with some high profile guys instead of all these nobodys like lynch, luke and vh...

:hys:

oh yeah what is he rehearsing for???

mentoneman":32snmk2f said:
awesome dave!

wave pedal?
and are the flashback and blue sky all in the same loop so he can manually add or subtract them in real time

two things pop to mind...

1) he should be rocking a dirty shirley and trade out one of the bogners :)

2) is bradshaw out of commission?

i've always associated luke with bob as they have always been synonymous so the fact that he came to you seems pretty telling for bob's status. nothing against you because you rule :rock: but it just seems long time bradshaw guys like luke and landau are bouncing.

when you were in your weddington location next to brauer eons ago, as i was leaving your shop with my little son and my triaxis/rivera rack in tow, we bumped into luke in the hallway right outside your door and he was very cool to me and my boy.

..you really need to reach out and work with some high profile guys instead of all these nobodys like lynch, luke and vh...

:hys:

oh yeah what is he rehearsing for???

Well there are no loops on this board just a normal pedal board with 2 audio mutes for his delays in the mixer. The wave pedal is a trem and its really good. As far as why not Bradshaw I am not going to get into it that's between them. They are rehearsing for a few Toto gigs.

Some great vids of Luke w/ the Bogners on YT w/ G3, etc. The thing I can't figure is the tone settings for the blue/red channels. On my Ecstasy it's too dark

cupcaketwins":3ag8n865 said:
Some great vids of Luke w/ the Bogners on YT w/ G3, etc. The thing I can't figure is the tone settings for the blue/red channels. On my Ecstasy it's too dark

I have a 101b classic. You have to set the presence and treble up around 3 o'clock. Also, Turning the gain down and the master up really opens up the amp... I use an Alex's Attenuator with mine and have the master's at 12 O'clock. V-30 speakers also help with mids and high's.

RACKSYSTEMS":32uwcda1 said:
Well there are no loops on this board just a normal pedal board with 2 audio mutes for his delays in the mixer. The wave pedal is a trem and its really good. As far as why not Bradshaw I am not going to get into it that's between them. They are rehearsing for a few Toto gigs.

wow no loops..going back to old school roots!

toto = win.

is hardwire for clean digital repeats compared to flashback for tape emulation in the rig?

mentoneman":lxat3c13 said:
Mark Day":lxat3c13 said:
Rezamatix":lxat3c13 said:
One day I will have a Friedman pedalboard....oh yes it will be mine!

Yes you will :)

Mark
did you play the rig mark?
and more importantly, did you get some vid of luke wailing on it?

I did play the rig. It's sounds great. The Hardwires are amazing. Very fat sounding. He uses the Flashback for a snapback delay only. The Hardwires are reminiscent of old Lexicons or SDE3000's. They never get in the way of the notes, they even sound great in front of the amp. These are KILLER and the fact that they are about $150 new is just crazy.

I didn't want to push my boundaries by asking if I could video some stuff :(

Mark

Hardwire delay is incredible..

it really has that fat 80's rack tone in a small pedal...probably has lexicon in it's dna...

Cool board Dave... Right off the bat, I noticed that you strayed from your Trailer Trash style board with the hidden wiring and powersupply. Was that a customer request?

Not including the pedals, what would something like that cost the layman as far as signal and power routing and construction cost?

Kage

rcm78":362q6sim said:
cupcaketwins":362q6sim said:

I have a 101b classic. You have to set the presence and treble up around 3 o'clock. Also, Turning the gain down and the master up really opens up the amp... I use an Alex's Attenuator with mine and have the master's at 12 O'clock. V-30 speakers also help with mids and high's.

Ditto! I was surprised to see those EQ settings. I run 101b's my blue and red on B1, presence for both up between 2 and 3 o'clock, bass/mid/treb are all around noonish depending on the venue. My blue/red boost is typically on, and I keep gains down between 9 and 10 o'clock. I switch the boost off when I want to go cleaner. Kinda' backwards from what most probably do, but I found the boost gives a nice heft to the tone.

Fantastic to see Mark and Dave teamed up and cranking this awesome stuff out. I definitely need a pedalboard upgrade! :rock:

Gainzilla":3hwhtbyr said:
Cool board Dave... Right off the bat, I noticed that you strayed from your Trailer Trash style board with the hidden wiring and powersupply. Was that a customer request?

Not including the pedals, what would something like that cost the layman as far as signal and power routing and construction cost?

Kage

another super clean, killer board!

I would like to know the answers to both these questions too.

Back