Diezel User Gallery

diezelduder is finally back, baba boosh :rock:

diezelduderisback.jpg

Hey, hello fellow Diezel aficionados.
Question, if I may:
Can anyone suggest what might be the issue with my Herbert? My channel 3 is not working, that is, the sound/volume is very muted and hardly audible. The other two channels appear to be fine. So, tell me, if you would, do I need to replace the pre-amp tubes? Power Tubes? Or is it something else? If 'tis something else, might someone be able to suggest what the problem is?

Thanks for any help you can render.

YoursTruly

YoursTruly":ukh00v7o said:
Hey, hello fellow Diezel aficionados.
Question, if I may:
Can anyone suggest what might be the issue with my Herbert? My channel 3 is not working, that is, the sound/volume is very muted and hardly audible. The other two channels appear to be fine. So, tell me, if you would, do I need to replace the pre-amp tubes? Power Tubes? Or is it something else? If 'tis something else, might someone be able to suggest what the problem is?

Thanks for any help you can render.

YoursTruly

I believe a power tube is out. The same thing has happened to one of my Marshalls before. Changed the power tubes, and all was good.

if the other channels are fine it shouldn't be the power tubes.
run the amp with guitar connected but without playing. then knock on the tubes with a pencil. you will hear if one is bad (the knock noise gets loder with the preamp's gain, but if it is broken you will hear additional crackling and else noises).
if that doesn't lead to anything then power it of, let the tubes cool down, pull them out and bend the little metal plates in the amp's tube sockets together for all tubes (be sure the power lead is not connected to the amp). afterwards put the tubes back in and try the amp again.
if that does not help try to swap the preamptubes that are related to channel 3 --> preamp-tube v2 (http://diezel.typo3.inpublica.de/tech-corner.3.0.html).
if that doesn't help, email papa diezel.

Indeed they are, well noticed!..
They are softer that normal caster wheels and when moved with the amp on top they provide more cushioning in benefit of the tubes/electronics.

Back