cryptopsy gear?

mchn13

anyone know what amp/pedal setups the guys from cryptopsy use?? i know its not the pure guitar tone evryone is looking for, but for over the top stuff. awsome. :thumbsup:

p.s. pickups?

When I saw them live they were usually using Mesa Boogie Rectifiers. One guy was using a Dean Dimebag guitar with EMGs in it, if I remember correctly, the other one was using a strat with a humbucker in the bridge. Next time, strat guy had quit the band, Dimebag guy was still there, same rig, they had a guy with a Red Jackson Warrior. Time after that Dimebag guy again, same rig, second guitarist was using an RR3 with EMG in the bridge, Peavey Classic 120 power amp, Mesa Boogie Triaxis pre.. I think they're using Madison

:|::QBB:
Inearthed":a01cd said:
When I saw them live they were usually using Mesa Boogie Rectifiers. One guy was using a Dean Dimebag guitar with EMGs in it, if I remember correctly, the other one was using a strat with a humbucker in the bridge. Next time, strat guy had quit the band, Dimebag guy was still there, same rig, they had a guy with a Red Jackson Warrior. Time after that Dimebag guy again, same rig, second guitarist was using an RR3 with EMG in the bridge, Peavey Classic 120 power amp, Mesa Boogie Triaxis pre.. I think they're using Madison

i haven't seen them for a few years, and all the clips i've seen, looks like they were using boogies. but they sound boosted, so iwas wondering.

Right now they are using a dual recto into a vader cab (sometimes one oversized recto), the other guitar player is using a 5150 into a vader cab, Kris (5150) is also using a line 6 pod rack mount for effects.

Back