Bugera Amplifiers

zepplin490

Ok I was looking around on my local craigslist and there was a bugera V55 for sale so i listened to some clips of it and did not think it sounded anywhere near the $400 that the dude was asking for it. But after thinking about that amp I decided to see what else they make for amps and i looked at most of the amps on ebay and listened to some more clips and it seems that the V55 was an anomaly. I checked out their line of modern amps and found that alot of their models are pretty much lower priced knock offs of other classic and modern amps for instance they put out a head called the "1960" which is total rip of the marshall 1959 SLP, theres the 6262 which is basically the same amp as the 5150 then theres the 1990 which is another blatant rip off this time is ripping off the JCM900, and last but not least while sporting alot of very innovative tone shaping tools it is basically a XXX on steroids.
Now to what i really want to know, these amps espescially the 333XL and the 6262 sound amazing for the price that they sell for. Im considering buying a 6262 which is prices at $400 check out some of the clips on youtube its a mean ass beast and was designed for tight raw mean Metal tone but has a very nice pristine clean channel and I love the fact that it has dual eq's.. So what the deal with these ive read alot of reviews of the 6262 and the 333xl and ive only heard good things abot them. The only bad comments were very minor and the owners still love the amp, and from what ive read they seem to be very reliable.
What Cha all think? ive been wanting something like a 5150 II or III but the 6262 smokes its ass in every demo ive seen..
-mp-

rlord1974":3ovxgmu8 said:
Why not just get JF or Salvation to make you a custom Bugera module? :confused:

More cigarette money to burn Zep? Def. the new Richedie... :LOL: :LOL: I think JF could definitely do that for you.. he is a genius after all right? The only problem now is which module to sell so that you can afford the Bugera...

The 'V22' and 'V55' are supposed to be original Bugera designs and do so see good reviews on the V22.

On the ones that are inexpensive clones, I would just buy a used version of the original myself, even if in clips I thought the Bugera sounded better.

Also, there is a reason why the phrase 'Pictures/clips or its a Bugera' is often seen in New amp day threads. :D

you can buy a 5150 for 500 or less all day. you gotta look for them, but they'r there.

i understand that the bugeras have underrated/weak ass components in them, including but not limited to output and power trannies.

rlord1974":3eoc5mpd said:
Why not just get JF or Salvation to make you a custom Bugera module? :confused:

Sorry, I couldn't resist! ;)

EF'n quick with the joke on that one. No flies on you!

I bought a Bugera 1960 about 2 months ago, read all the horror stories from the beginning so I definitely was skeptical. Wanted a marshall or metro but after the VH clips posted on the metro forum I decided to give it a try. When I got it I instantly plugged it in, put in some well known good sounding settings and right away was blown away by how good it sounded. It sounded just like I wanted it to and had all the extra bells and whistles just for fun. Had it for about 18 hours and while I was playing the sound was just instantly gone. Power light was on, tubes were glowing normally, fuse was good cable was good, pickups were good... just no sound. If there's a tube malfunction Bugera's "infinium" is supposed to monitor it and by LED lights let know know which tube is bad. None of the lights were on, meaning all were good. There wasn't even a slight hiss from the amp itself. Messed with it multiple times with different guitars, cables, speaker cables, cabs, outlets, even cranked it at one point (in an apartment) but no sound. Call AMS up, got a return slip and sent it back the next afternoon. Thought about exchanging it for another but the next one could last 2 days or 2 years and then out of warranty/return policy. This was my first experience with Bugera (but have with Behringer) and I have to say it wasn't good. Bad enough that I bought a guitar instead and won't buy a Bugera again. Learned my lesson

i wont lie, i have a vamp pro that i use for my needs to record and jam quietly. nothing i'll ever post clips of though. but it serves the purpose for the 80$ i paid for it in 2009

yeti":6wl7c8hr said:
you can buy a 5150 for 500 or less all day. you gotta look for them, but they'r there.

i understand that the bugeras have underrated/weak ass components in them, including but not limited to output and power trannies.

Wait, you can guy the 5150 used all day long, but you gotta look for them? That's pairwise mutually exclusive... it is one or the other as all day long means plentiful and but you got to look for them means to actively search and aren't just buying them all day long. ;)

As the owner of a XXX and 333XL, let me give my first hand experience with the Bugera line.

Both give amazing tones, the Bugera easily matches the sound qualities of the XXX. It should, is a knock off of the Peavey XXX/JSX line. If pressed I'd say that the clean channel is superior to the XXX. As for the gain channels, both amps give crazily awesome gain tones.

The build quality is far higher on the Peavey, which should be expected as the Peavey isn't a Chicom built in near slave labor conditions special like the 333XL. There is a flimsy feel to the controls of the 333XL that isn't there in the XXX, but that is one of the reasons the Bugera costs half the new price of the Peavey.

I've had my 333XL for all but 3 years without a complaint. It got approx 15 - 30 hours a month on it (is just an amp at my GF's) until Dec '12 when I picked up a 5153 50 watt (also kept @ my GF's). Now it gets approx 5 hours a month on it. I spread time over my 5153, my El Diablo 60/30 combo and the 333xl at my GF's.

If I was torn between buying used out of warranty item for the same price as new with a warranty and it was all the $ I have for my only amp/item, I'd go new. Why? Because if it was all the money I had I'd not have the loot to put down on a repair of the used/beat piece.

If it was for $hit$ and giggles, I'd not sweat buying used as it was for what I said, but as my only or go to piece it is always new for me.

Now before everyone gets all defensive about the used gear comment (along with already looking down their noses), think of gear like broads.

Broad X has is 40 years old, has 4 kids with 4 different guys-2 of which (both children and fathers) have criminal records and you guys get along as you love each other's bodies. Broad Y is 20 years, no criminal past, no HARD use on her and you guys get along as you love each other's bodies.

You goan pick X or Y? Exactly, that's why you don't buy used gear if it is going to be your goto/only piece!

Derek

I purchased a 5150 for 600.00. It is my main amp today and have picked playing it over a 5153 and a mesa. I have owned three other 5150 in the past and nothing has sounded as good as this for a while. Not sure if I just was lucky or what. I have had Marshall's that were the same way. What ever brand of amp. I am a firm believer in MOJO. Some have it and some dont.

I wouldn't buy one, just because I do believe in what they're doing. Stealing designs and manufacturing them, as if they were their own? No thanks! I'll buy the original new, or used.

chunktone":3uiuhpq0 said:
I wouldn't buy one, just because I do believe in what they're doing. Stealing designs and manufacturing them, as if they were their own? No thanks! I'll buy the original new, or used.

Don't let Mark Cameron or Billy Blades hear you say that!!!!! :gethim:
But I agree..

Viesczy":139ldh7j said:
yeti":139ldh7j said:

Wait, you can guy the 5150 used all day long, but you gotta look for them? That's pairwise mutually exclusive... it is one or the other as all day long means plentiful and but you got to look for them means to actively search and aren't just buying them all day long. ;)

As the owner of a XXX and 333XL, let me give my first hand experience with the Bugera line.

Both give amazing tones, the Bugera easily matches the sound qualities of the XXX. It should, is a knock off of the Peavey XXX/JSX line. If pressed I'd say that the clean channel is superior to the XXX. As for the gain channels, both amps give crazily awesome gain tones.

The build quality is far higher on the Peavey, which should be expected as the Peavey isn't a Chicom built in near slave labor conditions special like the 333XL. There is a flimsy feel to the controls of the 333XL that isn't there in the XXX, but that is one of the reasons the Bugera costs half the new price of the Peavey.

I've had my 333XL for all but 3 years without a complaint. It got approx 15 - 30 hours a month on it (is just an amp at my GF's) until Dec '12 when I picked up a 5153 50 watt (also kept @ my GF's). Now it gets approx 5 hours a month on it. I spread time over my 5153, my El Diablo 60/30 combo and the 333xl at my GF's.

If I was torn between buying used out of warranty item for the same price as new with a warranty and it was all the $ I have for my only amp/item, I'd go new. Why? Because if it was all the money I had I'd not have the loot to put down on a repair of the used/beat piece.

If it was for $hit$ and giggles, I'd not sweat buying used as it was for what I said, but as my only or go to piece it is always new for me.

Now before everyone gets all defensive about the used gear comment (along with already looking down their noses), think of gear like broads.

Broad X has is 40 years old, has 4 kids with 4 different guys-2 of which (both children and fathers) have criminal records and you guys get along as you love each other's bodies. Broad Y is 20 years, no criminal past, no HARD use on her and you guys get along as you love each other's bodies.

You goan pick X or Y? Exactly, that's why you don't buy used gear if it is going to be your goto/only piece!

Derek

it's not gonna fall in your lap.

you might have to haggle to get it between 4-500

you're going to have to watch craigslist

hence the "there for the taking, but you'll need to do some worthwhile work". make sense?

Oh im not gonna be burning and "Cigarette Money" on one of these till well after i repopulate my RM4 and Rm100, just an interesting find and the copycat stuff is slightly disconcerting they appear to be solid amps.. But I need modules, trying to sell my RM50's ATM.
-mp-

yeti":2hmainch said:
Viesczy":2hmainch said:
yeti":2hmainch said:

Derek

it's not gonna fall in your lap.

you might have to haggle to get it between 4-500

you're going to have to watch craigslist

hence the "there for the taking, but you'll need to do some worthwhile work". make sense?

So the "all day" is the work required to get that price and not actually finding them all day at the price w/o the work as they're not going to "fall in your lap" at that price?

Still pairwise mutually exclusive. ;)

Used or new? Broad X or Broad Y? That's the choice, we all make our own minds up.

Derek

had a 333xl for a short while , wasn't too bad to be fair

for me didn't seem to have any character to it, got the job done as it were but nothing more, was neither a 'wow this is amazing for the price'
bought it used, and put it back up for sale a week later i think , i was also a bit weary of say bringing it on the road/playing shows with it

Back