Bugera Amplifiers

I actually really love the tone of the 6262 infiniam, the 1990 is great too and cheap to grab one. ive read alot of reviews of the 6262 and ive not yet heard of anything about the durability and the functioning ..
-Matt Page-

Here we go again from this bugera fanboi lol.

Bugeras sound good, but they are made from inferior components, and when you play one and dial it in, you can FEEL the lower quality by touch. Ill take a used Peavey any day of the week over a new bugera. Warranty be damned. 90% of the time, you wont need a warranty on a 5150 anyway. My only amp for the last year has been my 5150 212 combo, made in the 90s, and it still works just fine. I had a 5150 BL with original fucking tubes, and that thing still worked flawlessly, even with its broken off knobs and torn to shit tolex. I wouldnt expect that same kind of toughness from a bugera. Sure, maybe itll last 3 years...maybe itll die before that and youll get to use your warranty. Just depends on how it gets used. With a peavey, it doesnt matter how it gets used that amp is gonna outlive you.

People need gear on the low end of the market too. The more market segments served, the more gear available to players of a wide variance of discretionary income levels.

There are also those that can afford upper tier products but buy Bugera's anyway because they like how they sound. More power to them, and money in their pockets...

I didn't have near the kind of offerings available today back when I started playing.

charveldan":1tihpjx2 said:
People that buy cheap cheezy amps from China deserve what they get. :confused:

Poverty stricken, convicted felons, really have no valid opinion. Carry on everyone else.

oldmanmetal":21xcz7h9 said:
charveldan":21xcz7h9 said:
People that buy cheap cheezy amps from China deserve what they get. :confused:

Poverty stricken, convicted felons, really have no valid opinion. Carry on everyone else.
Blow me FUCKTARD ... :D

GAB just called, Billy needs some Anal. :LOL: :LOL:

Food for thought... Behringer owns Bugera last I knew... Terrible quality. I owned 3 different ones. They sound pretty decent when they work but they are very cheaply made.

^ FYI - I believe it is that Behringer, along with Bugera and others, are owned by the same holding company, Music Group. Bugera uses Behringer's distribution model and manufacturing facilities though for sure 'Behringer City' they call it.

blackba":e6ldhq54 said:
Sarcasm is very hard to tell over text, my filter has been a bit clogged up. :D
So clogged. You couldn't even see my jpeg. :LOL: :LOL:

I've been tracking Bugera's quality problems for quite some time on another guitar forum and I ran out of room trying to document it all. Infiniums are no better. Maybe worse, as they removed the external bias test points and pots (at least on the 333xl).

Shiny_Surface":3mhkozxw said:
People need gear on the low end of the market too. The more market segments served, the more gear available to players of a wide variance of discretionary income levels.

There are also those that can afford upper tier products but buy Bugera's anyway because they like how they sound. More power to them, and money in their pockets...

I didn't have near the kind of offerings available today back when I started playing.

i couldn't have put it better myself.

311splawndude":3nup4p0r said:
^ FYI - I believe it is that Behringer, along with Bugera and others, are owned by the same holding company, Music Group. Bugera uses Behringer's distribution model and manufacturing facilities though for sure 'Behringer City' they call it.

blackba":3nup4p0r said:
Sarcasm is very hard to tell over text, my filter has been a bit clogged up. :D
So clogged. You couldn't even see my jpeg. :LOL: :LOL:

I've been tracking Bugera's quality problems for quite some time on another guitar forum and I ran out of room trying to document it all. Infiniums are no better. Maybe worse, as they removed the external bias test points and pots (at least on the 333xl).

Only 1 of the two pictures you posted show up for me, so yes I did miss the jpeg.... ;)

Hey All,

Just spent a few minutes reading through this thread and thought I'd jump in.

I'm the brand manager (VP) for BUGERA have been with the company (on and off) since 1999 and before the brand was even introduced in the US. It's great to read the back and forth, and love the fact that everyone has an opinion. I love guitar amps, just like all of you, and talking about them is addictive :)

I'd like to clarify a couple of things, for the record, and join the fray...

BUGERA amplifiers are currently built in the same factory as some of the most reliable and prestigious brands in the world (all of the MUSIC Group brands are manufactured in the same place).

Quality is our #1 concern when manufacturing products, simply because it is too expensive to tolerate anything else (on many levels). Components such as tubes, resistors, capacitors, connectors, sockets, etc. are all sourced from the same place (all manufacturers) these days (and virtually ALL are made in China...including transformers).

The big difference in transformers (quality) is based on the amount of iron used in the manufacturing process. There are always trade offs when designing an amp to be affordable (and we try to do that...always), but as a company we build our products to last. It's too expensive to do it any other way - back end costs - repairs are costly!!!

Shipping tube amplifiers, via UPS, Fed Ex or other carriers is always a challenge, and we've done our best to make sure that our amplifiers are ALWAYS operable and sound as intended by designing the INFINIUM tube life extender and incorporating it into many of our classic design models. Basically a tube can fail completely and the amp will auto bias the remaining tubes and redirect power there to get you through a gig. On many of our amplifiers (with INFINIUM), you can swap tubes with virtually anything you can socket - similar to the old THD trick (i'm a big fan of Andy's designs :)

Some other interesting facts (I hope anyway:)
- Company failure rates are far below 1%
- BUGERA amplifiers come with a 3-YEAR warranty, the longest warranty in the industry.
- We have a NEW! CARE CENTER in the US, and they have an ample supply of parts and expert technical information.

Thanks for letting me join the thread...

Dan Gallagher
VP Instrument Amplification Division
The MUSIC Group
dan.gallagher@music-group.com

VPIADIVISION":1xsytw46 said:
Hey All,

Just spent a few minutes reading through this thread and thought I'd jump in.

I'm the brand manager (VP) for BUGERA have been with the company (on and off) since 1999 and before the brand was even introduced in the US. It's great to read the back and forth, and love the fact that everyone has an opinion. I love guitar amps, just like all of you, and talking about them is addictive :)

I'd like to clarify a couple of things, for the record, and join the fray...

BUGERA amplifiers are currently built in the same factory as some of the most reliable and prestigious brands in the world (all of the MUSIC Group brands are manufactured in the same place).

Quality is our #1 concern when manufacturing products, simply because it is too expensive to tolerate anything else (on many levels). Components such as tubes, resistors, capacitors, connectors, sockets, etc. are all sourced from the same place (all manufacturers) these days (and virtually ALL are made in China...including transformers).

The big difference in transformers (quality) is based on the amount of iron used in the manufacturing process. There are always trade offs when designing an amp to be affordable (and we try to do that...always), but as a company we build our products to last. It's too expensive to do it any other way - back end costs - repairs are costly!!!

Shipping tube amplifiers, via UPS, Fed Ex or other carriers is always a challenge, and we've done our best to make sure that our amplifiers are ALWAYS operable and sound as intended by designing the INFINIUM tube life extender and incorporating it into many of our classic design models. Basically a tube can fail completely and the amp will auto bias the remaining tubes and redirect power there to get you through a gig. On many of our amplifiers (with INFINIUM), you can swap tubes with virtually anything you can socket - similar to the old THD trick (i'm a big fan of Andy's designs :)

Some other interesting facts (I hope anyway:)
- Company failure rates are far below 1%
- BUGERA amplifiers come with a 3-YEAR warranty, the longest warranty in the industry.
- We have a NEW! CARE CENTER in the US, and they have an ample supply of parts and expert technical information.

Thanks for letting me join the thread...

Dan Gallagher
VP Instrument Amplification Division
The MUSIC Group
dan.gallagher@music-group.com

So, working for this company, I would have to assume you do not believe in intellectual property rights?

I would say that most tube amplifier designs have been around for a very, very long time. I'd also say that virtually all of the tube amp companies that have opened during the course of the past 10-20 years have based thier products on modified versions of those designs.

And I'd say that's a fair statement.

Dan Gallagher
VP IA Division
The MUSIC Group
Dan.gallagher@music-group.com

Back