Cool "future project" with Adam Jones

kahawe

Well look what just popped up on facebook!

We´ve been at the rehersal studios of Tool today to meet Adam Jones. We have been discussing a future project which will be really cool....to be continued
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 1680_o.jpg

Adam Jone´s blue face with holy dust and the day it was made
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 2211_o.jpg

We just came to make a blueprint of the circuit of the 1996 - no documentary was available :)
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 6644_o.jpg

RJF":3t41atkd said:
Who is Adam Jones?

You keep asking this in every thread. But I feel like I already told you he's a guitar player from Boston.

OP, so does this mean Peter blueprinted the '96 VH4 that he built for Adam? Weird. Wouldn't he already know what the "secret" is? He built the thing. I'd assume he has the schematic for it already unless he lost it or never bothered writing it down over the years. Probably the same amp every other early VH4 is anyway.

Also, what FB page were these on?

FourT6and2":1y64fmk4 said:
RJF":1y64fmk4 said:
Who is Adam Jones?

You keep asking this in every thread. But I feel like I already told you he's a guitar player from Boston.

OP, so does this mean Peter blueprinted the '96 VH4 that he built for Adam? Weird. Wouldn't he already know what the "secret" is? He built the thing. I'd assume he has the schematic for it already unless he lost it or never bothered writing it down over the years. Probably the same amp every other early VH4 is anyway.

I was checking tubes and replaced components with other materials on a 18 years old amp
"serviced" by many techs.
What is the reason start to blame me ?
Your statement is, that I forgot my schematics over 18 years ?

22 hour without sleep I have to sit here in CA to support my forum and
getting insults.

Please give me a break.

Thanks

What is the reason start to blame me ? Your statement is, that I forgot my schematics over 18 years ?
Dont listen to the trolls, papa, we love you for doing this and I for one am super-stoked on that future project!!! :rock:
Have fun at NAMM!!

Net aufregn üba die damischn Leit! :)

Does anyone remember Jones looking for another old blueface? My guess is that he found one and Peter was personally servicing it, because that's how awesome he is.

My interpretation is that he drew the blueprint from memory to check against the actual amp.

As far as a new Diezel/AJ project? Who knows. It could be a joke, or it could easily have merit. Either way it was very cool to see a picture of Adam and Peter. That definitely made my day.

kahawe":25yhbr4h said:
slyvren":25yhbr4h said:
It could be a joke
Dude, these are official Diezel pics and texts. Some "joke" that would be... :gethim: :doh:

I realize that and I know exactly where these pictures came from. (PS you missed one) That's why I said it could have merit. Are you not familiar with Tool's history when it comes to gear? They have a tendency to play pranks way more often than not. I'm not saying this is one of those cases because Diezel is involved. I'm pretty sure the D-mon name for the D-moll was a joke taken the wrong way... It could even be unrelated to an actual Diezel product. Anyways, I have no idea to be honest. We'll have to wait for more information.

I know AJ's trolling very well - I also know some sort of signature amp was already talked about at least once before quite some time ago but was discarded, and not by AJ mind you, but for other reasons. I doubt AJ is going to troll his favorite amp company he invited to his own practice space. All I am saying is it looks to me there is more than you seem willing to give credit for. Wishful thinking? We will see. Folks did not think anything like the LilFokker will come out either some years ago.
I am looking forward to whatever it is going to turn out to be! :rock:

Peter Diezel":o05vsmw0 said:
FourT6and2":o05vsmw0 said:
RJF":o05vsmw0 said:
Who is Adam Jones?

I was checking tubes and replaced components with other materials on a 18 years old amp

getting insults.

Please give me a break.

Thanks

Peter,

Lost in translation. I wasn't blaming you for anything or insulting you. :) The OP said you "came to make a blueprint" of the amp. To me, that sounds like you didn't already have one.

Sorry for being sensitive yesterday, my friend.
The amp has the original schematic from 1996
and had 8 preamp tubes. One was an extra tube
for the clean channel but Adam uses only channel
2 und channel 3.

The difference is that somebody replaced some
ceramic caps using different types of the disk
caps. To get a close copy I made a small drawing
of the replaced parts.

Of course I have the old schematics. The amp
has also a different presence cap. Adam is
cranking up the presence and treble because
we all know that the early VH4´s are more on
the dark side.

I will build a copy when I´m at home and send
it to Adam. Let´s wait if will be successful and
if he will like the Proto.

Again, sorry for my rude answer.

Peace,
Peter

Peter Diezel":ae6sayja said:

getting insults.

Please give me a break

Thanks

Well I for one appreciate that you get on this forum and deal with us amateur "techs" trying to work on our amps. I'm sure it can be frustrating at times. Thanks for helping all of us out constantly. :thumbsup:

kahawe":dbxck0gj said:
I know AJ's trolling very well - I also know some sort of signature amp was already talked about at least once before quite some time ago but was discarded, and not by AJ mind you, but for other reasons. I doubt AJ is going to troll his favorite amp company he invited to his own practice space. All I am saying is it looks to me there is more than you seem willing to give credit for. Wishful thinking? We will see. Folks did not think anything like the LilFokker will come out either some years ago.
I am looking forward to whatever it is going to turn out to be! :rock:

Props for being right. I never discredited it. I think you misunderstood what I was saying and only chose to highlight one side. Rumors are easily started and I've seen my share about Diezel from speculation based on something one of the Peters have said. I was merely saying let's wait for more official word before jumping down the speculation pool as translation is easily lost sometimes. Also I never implied Adam was trolling Diezel... that's just wrong.

Regardless, we have our answer now.

RJF":3573a3x3 said:
I know who the clown is. I just don't understand the fascination.
Then just keep that attitude and the name calling out of here please... it is uncalled for.

slyvren":3573a3x3 said:
Rumors are easily started
Yes, that is true. Sorry, I am just overly excited! :D

Back