Vigier

War Admiral

Not much talk about these guitars here...anyone own one here? Im back in the market for a superstrat type with 24 frets....I had a GMW and also a Tom Anderson Drop Top T 22 fretters.
So far Im looking into the Suhr Modern, Vigier Excalibur, Tom Anderson, etc Opinions??

My friend has one, which he bought from Adam on here

Excellent guitar, you won't ever have to adjust the truss rod and the tremolo system will last forever and won't go out of tune

Looking at their site right now...trying to figure out what is the difference between the Excalibur original HSH and the Custom HSH

Ok figured it out...Custom has a flamed maple top

I've never tried one, but a buddy I trust reckons a Vigier was the best guitar he has ever played..

I have an Excalibur Special, and it plays beautifully and stays in tune awesome. It came with a tone zone/fs1/paf pro, and I'd like to switch the pickups in it but the bottom of the pickups have two mounting screws which is kind of annoying if you want to change pickups. Otherwise, awesome all around, really nice trem, vig locking tuners are great, 5 way switching offers nice tones.

Well I think I have a winner....I really need a double humbucker setup but I dont really like Floyds anymore which my other superstrats had...too thin and hard sounding. So I think this is the best thing for me...The Excalibur Thirteen!!!
Double Humbucker config with their own design whammy bar with no locking nut....has a 0 fret and teflon nut....24 frets...just fucking fantastic! A dealer has one in stock fairly close to where I live....road trip!!!!!!

Attachments

• vigier.jpg
    vigier.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 1,587
Nice guitars. They need no truss adjustments and stay in tune for eons. The ball bearing floyd is the best floating trem I've ever used.

Bob Savage":1epow615 said:
timeroo":1epow615 said:
The headstock makes it look cheap to me but I know they are real nice guitars

What about the headstock looks cheap?

Maybe because it looks a bit like the regular Carvin (which aren't necessarily cheap) or Samick headstock?
I think it looks fine when painted

They are absolutely amazing guitars, and I am quite surprised how little love they get. It's so stable...

Not the best picture of mine... But it will do.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2014-03-09 at 6.54.25 PM.png
    Screen shot 2014-03-09 at 6.54.25 PM.png
    774.1 KB · Views: 1,522
kasperjensen":dvcv4n0e said:
They are absolutely amazing guitars, and I am quite surprised how little love they get. It's so stable...

Not the best picture of mine... But it will do.
Nice axe! Did you try the non locking tremelos that they make? It seems they stay in tune even with a lot of whammy abuse.
Do the floyded models have the 0 fret?

My late friend Ronni was a Vigier endorsee. I played her two and they were fab. A few years ago I ordered a Shawn Lane and it arrived with the exact same type damage a guy in Europe received his. My damage pics and his damage pics were nearly identical. I've been scared to have one shipped ever since

I wouldnt order one like that either...especially what the price is. It would have to be from a dealer here where I could play it first. :thumbsup:

Bob Savage":13hilitx said:
timeroo":13hilitx said:
The headstock makes it look cheap to me but I know they are real nice guitars

What about the headstock looks cheap?

I guess it just reminds me of the way the lower end peavey guitars headstocks were. For me a headstock can be a make or break it is all.

Back