FredAmp full tube preamp pedal with torpedo cab

Marty, AC/DC expert question, from the original, the "A" chord in the main riff. I hear a C# bass (ie A/C#) on perhaps one of the tracks and prefer to play it that way. Not everyone agrees with me....(on this...and other things lol)

What are your thoughts on this?

Andy

sysexguy":2v4r27cv said:
Marty, AC/DC expert question, from the original, the "A" chord in the main riff. I hear a C# bass (ie A/C#) on perhaps one of the tracks and prefer to play it that way. Not everyone agrees with me....(on this...and other things lol)

Andy

I know you didn't ask me but.....Your question sparked my curiosity and after listening to it again you're definitely right. I hear that C# too.

sysexguy":2j76nzxl said:

Andy
hello andy , i 'm not an expert of ac/dc , and i'm like you , i heard a A/C# too , but i play a A . ;)

How do these things sound when hit with fuzz? either gated (say a penny pedals fingerprint or fairfield circuitry unpleasant surprise) or really big, sludgy fuzz (DAM meathead for example). while its easy to get good overdriven sounds with a CAB, fuzz always fails me, nowhere near to sounding like running through a real amp.

an other test , i used the JTBass preamp with bogner red and torpedo cab , with a backingtrack of this great band : RATM

Hey Marty,

Your post(s) are great! Is there any way to learn more/purchase fredamp solutions in the US? I tried to send an enquiry via their website with no response. My band is heading back out with a "silent stage" model and both me and our other guitarist would rather run pedalboards with something like fredamp preamps plus effects into a torpedo cab on our pedalboards and let our PA do the heavy lifting. Thanks for your demos and time.

-Chris

FWIW, I'm working on a demo using the FredAmps Crystal, Torpedo (WOSIII) and a whole batch of fuzzes, no distortion or overdrive.....hope to post it soon

Andy

sysexguy":3seq0emy said:

Andy

Hey Andy!

As I hear it Mal is playing the C# and Angus is playing the regular A-chord so it mixes in a cool way :)

/Ulf

Hey Andy!

As I hear it Mal is playing the C# and Angus is playing the regular A-chord so it mixes in a cool way :)

Thanks Ulf, I like this....funny really, all the debates about similar poly chords.....All Right Now by Free and Photograph by Def Leppard, nobody seems to talk about this one....of course, Hard Day's Night is the king.

btw back on topic, still mixing and remixing my "fuzzes" demo...it's an early 70's power trio vibe and the problem I'm having is my bass is completely lost on laptop speakers...gonna try with a different bass mix ...more in a Tim Bogert/ Felix Pappalardi vibe perhaps :gethim: .... I don't want to add an upper octave (a la Waves MAxxbass)...it'll sound like unquantized Muse :no:

Andy

The last baby of Fredamp , the 70's Overdrive .
it's a full tube preamp based on the Dumble with an overdrive , the hot scream .
With the torpedo cab i have an amazing clean like john mayer , mark knopfer ... and a very rich and organic overdrive like zz top , bonamassa ...
The F.A.C 666 Boost is a clean boost .

A demo of the new FredAmp Nasty mouse , based on a Rat Proco , with a buffer .
A very great boost for my preamps .

this is a cover of technical difficulties / racer x , i used the fredamp hot scream overdrive , uncle sam preamp with torpedo cab , et torpedo reload for reamping

some Andy timmons 's riffs with Ibanez AT100 , Fredamp Crystal preamp , hot scream overdrive , Uncle sam preamp in Torpedo cab .

Strat-O-Matic":vgzhhd5l said:
Have either of you guys tried the Kingsley Juggler or Squire? Interested to hear how they stack up.

I use a Kingsley Jester (overdrive) into a Kingsley Maiden D. Both are tube pedals. The Maiden D is extremely rich, clean, and powerful, and gives great sound with the Cab M (I use the Divided by 13 cabinet).

Back