Looking For a 2 channel High Gainer

Bxlxaxkxe

Amp ho
Guys,

I've fallen victim to the overthinking/over researching virus...and am hoping maybe a few of you will have ideas that can help me out.

I'm looking for a 2 Channel head to sit on top of a Bogner 4x12...v30s loaded.

Criteria:
2 Channels
Killer Rock-Hard Rock 2nd Channel (love AIC, Tool, etc but not trying to cop their sound...just their levels of gain...borderline "metal."
1st Channel needs ability to get some hair or even crunchy on its own.
Must play well with v30s
$1800 or less used

I play humbucker guitars (PRS and LP). We keep one guitar tuned down a whole step and the other in standard.

Ideas?

Is three channels acceptable?

Splawn Quickrod
Ceriatone King Kong
EVH 5150 III
Marshall DSL or Boogie Mark V

The Ceriatone King Kong is a 2 channel Yeti/Chupacabra.

My understanding is that they have already or are about to ship.

I will be getting one soon.

From the criterias I'd say a Bogner Shiva is more in line

Rivera KR7? I have the amp and a custom one off Rivera matching k212 with the Seven speakers, should easily be able to cover that ground easily for that price range, The cab would throw it above the price you mentioned...

Look at all the sellers in this thread...

I still say Shiva, and I'm not selling mine

Twin Jet peaks my interest but it seems like most preferred the rev blue or some previous version. Can the twin jets channel 2 hang or what?

Business":2e59u23d said:

20th Anny? It's definitely on the list BUT the clean channel has no gain...meaning it's going to take two stomps to get to my verse tone. Sounds minor but as the singer....I need everything to be a click away. Know what I mean?

Bxlxaxkxe":bcd7sj9d said:
Business":bcd7sj9d said:

20th Anny? It's definitely on the list BUT the clean channel has no gain...meaning it's going to take two stomps to get to my verse tone. Sounds minor but as the singer....I need everything to be a click away. Know what I mean?

Lots of great suggestions already.
Sounds like you may want a 2 channel amp that has gain options on both channels.
That's what my Egnater Vengeance can do in that price range
There are 2 main channels, clean and high gain.
Each channel also has 2 switchable levels of gain. The clean can be very clean, or kick in the light distortion or crunch.
The high gain channel has a light distortion/crunch that can be cranked up even more gain/distortion, and for more switch in the higher gain for 80's hard rock all the way to modern Metal goodness.

It's a pretty versatile amp.
You may like it or not. Check one out if you get a chance.

I really should do a couple recorded demo's to try and help others.
What types of music/tones do you like/want?

Bxlxaxkxe":jfm9nrme said:
Business":jfm9nrme said:

My bad, I misread your first post
I haven't tried cranking the Shiva's first channel volume
I can try it later tonight if you care at all (I have the standard EL34 version)

I don't know if you're going to find a Twin Jet for <= ~$1800.

I'd suggest Mesa Mark IV and Peavey JSX, I think they could meet your requirements. The JSX is seriously underrated, you can pick one up for ~$500. A steal, IMHO.

I don't know first hand, but I've heard that the Mesa Stiletto is good for crunch/rock/hard rock tones. Two channels, there are a couple of switches though, haha. I believe that there is one in the classifieds for $1000, I'd buy it if I had the cash ;)

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=156639

Bxlxaxkxe":3fx22apt said:
Business":3fx22apt said:

I have the same problem with my 20th Shiva. I think the best fix is a RJM switcher, only problem is that it makes your rig more complex for setting up and tearing down.

Back