Looking For a 2 channel High Gainer

dsquared":18q8wv1u said:
I don't know if you're going to find a Twin Jet for <= ~$1800.

I'd suggest Mesa Mark IV and Peavey JSX, I think they could meet your requirements. The JSX is seriously underrated, you can pick one up for ~$500. A steal, IMHO.

You could probably find a used one for around that price. I bought my used one off a forumite and it's been great!

Diezel Einstein
Ceriatone King Kong
Peters Dual Channel (if you can even find one used)
Soldano SLO (used, probably out of your price range though)
Uberschall
Mesa Mark III/IV

lowmantotempole":1f3nx3pt said:
I have a minty PRS Archon for sale... $1500 shipped!

I have a Bogner Twin Jet and you cant go wrong there or a regular Bogner Ubershall

The PRS Archon wasnt added to the list because he's selling it,he put it up there becuase this amp fits his needs.
Do your homework,listen to the videos(from PRS and Sweetwater) and you'll know for $1500.00,this IS your new amp.

leib10":325ta30j said:
dsquared":325ta30j said:
I don't know if you're going to find a Twin Jet for <= ~$1800.

I'd suggest Mesa Mark IV and Peavey JSX, I think they could meet your requirements. The JSX is seriously underrated, you can pick one up for ~$500. A steal, IMHO.

You could probably find a used one for around that price. I bought my used one off a forumite and it's been great!

I picked up my TJ for $1550 :rawk:

Bxlxaxkxe":2k158h8x said:
leib10":2k158h8x said:
Bogner Uberschall Twin Jet.

This is high on the list man.

What differences do you notice between el34s and kt88s?

HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've never seen an amp respond to different tubes like my TJ did. Mine came with EL34's as the guy I bought it from converted it when that was popular after the TJ came out. I hated it. Amp sounded boxy and I couldn't EQ a mid hump out of the amp to save my life. I wanted a slightly scooped modern metal sound, which is why I bought a TJ, not an 80's hair thing marshall, so I was pretty disappointed. I converted it back to stock Sovtek KT88's and what a huge difference. It got tight on the low end like a TJ is supposed to be, but mainly sounded balanced in the EQ range. I love it now and run it in stereo with my Diezel Herbert.

Terex":7lvseshq said:
2 channel Mesa dual or triple rectifier RevF

This.

If you're close to one of the large cities, watch that CL and eventually you'll nab an early rev F for 9-1000 range. Even a rev G wouldn't be a bad choice, and could probably pick one up for a hundred or two less than that.

I think I hear some jet noise in my future...

I have a few weeks to figure it out and it may just depend on what's available when I'm ready to buy.

What's the going rate on a used Sig X? Can't find any ads.

Bxlxaxkxe":2kirx17i said:

Somewhere around 1400$ if I remember correctly

Bxlxaxkxe":4ncbhpww said:
I think I hear some jet noise in my future...

I have a few weeks to figure it out and it may just depend on what's available when I'm ready to buy.

You will not be upset whatsoever. Get that KT88/EL34 switch mod and poop yourself.

I would prefer the rev.2 but that TJ might definitely be in my top 3 of amps.

Hey check out the PMA2100 by Paul & 'Mills amps.
Im on my phone and it wont let me pull up te full editor
But feel free to pm us for details pictures and videos.
The 2100 is a 100 watt 2 channel amp with a gain boost
Its vicious. And they go for under a grand, for an american handmade amp.

RJF":24q0142m said:
maddnotez":24q0142m said:
Bxlxaxkxe":24q0142m said:
I would prefer the rev.2 but that TJ might definitely be in my top 3 of amps.
A rev 2 over a TJ? Why? I thought the TJ was the shiznit of the Uber models. :yes:

Yes and no. The TJ is supposed to have the high gain channel of the Original/Rev2, but I think something was lost in translation. More than likely it's tweaks to the power section. The Orig/Rev2 have an organic 3D quality to them that was lost in the Blue Revision. The TJ didn't seem the recapture that magic. Play at Rev2 at moderate volume and you'll understand.

Back