Floyd Rose Tuning Problem? Need some help!

All great tips here, I'd just like to add that yes its a pain in the ass to set up, but when you are stable with a string gauge and tuning, and have everything set up the way you want it that first long session, every time you change strings afterwards should be much quicker because there is no change to the tension and if using the same brand of strings your intonation should be pretty close to spot on too.

Locking systems can suck to maintain, but it's much better than losing your tuning in a middle of song. Watch those guys who play Gibsons, they are constantly fiddling with their tuners the entire show ;)

See OP, this one reason why you should develop a severe case of GAS!!! One guitar for each setup you prefer.....half step Down, a gauge up from 9-46, ect, ect. Get it setup once and your done :)

Eta honestly it's one of the things that got me interested owning a second guitar. I wanted one I could setup In Std tuning and one I could setup in half down.

Aaaannnddd... this is why I stopped buying guitars with floating bridges. Leave it to me to do this exact same thing.

I beg to differ Metlupassa, I got a perfect fix exactly from these posts. It's amazing what you can do when you have educated user posts, a few steps, and some nice photo's. Sometimes it is better to read answers than watching them.
@Mudf00t lol I don't blame you, Floyd roses aren't for everyone, I'm probably not gonna be getting another one for a while lol

mudf00t":tc2pywia said:
Aaaannnddd... this is why I stopped buying guitars with floating bridges. Leave it to me to do this exact same thing.

I guess that Majesty in your signature is a one off custom hardtail version? After messing with a floating bridge a few times it's not difficult and people that whine about it are just lazy.

Back