Anyone like the OR100?

Just got my OR100 from Brad. Sick amp! Super grindy and aggressive, a real fun amp to play. Orange hit a home run with these things IMO.

Here's a little cam clip I made for a friend so he could hear it.
https://youtu.be/xM1lMGCDwDo

Erock":16lsx21f said:
Just got my OR100 from Brad. Sick amp! Super grindy and aggressive, a real fun amp to play. Orange hit a home run with these things IMO.

Whoa, I've never heard an Orange sound like THAT. What we're settings/gain and pickups?

Spaceboy":3hlzgf2d said:
Erock":3hlzgf2d said:

Whoa, I've never heard an Orange sound like THAT. What we're settings/gain and pickups?
lol, they are gonna ban me for posting that. :LOL: :LOL:
I have to admit, Orange hadn't crossed my radar for the tones I'm after. After hearing fluff's vid though, I knew I had to try one. Happy I did, definitely not what I had previously thought orange was capable of. The gain was around 2:00, lead boost and global boost off, and I'm hitting the front end with a clean boost. The guitar is a stock 2012 LP Standard, with the stock BB Pro pickups.

cujo":1278fa0l said:
You suck I can't get that out of my head now dammit Eric!
haha, you would have a blast with this amp Chris. It's different from everything in your stable right now. :rock:

peterc52":1278fa0l said:
SICK!!

I will look more into the OR100!!

What mic did you use??
thanks man, definitely worth checking out, it's a wicked fun amp. I just used a ZoomHD, so it has the built in stereo mics. I wanted to show a friend how it sounded, and I've found the zoom does a pretty good representation of what the amp sounds like in the room.

Spaceboy":1d8gq01z said:
Does the OR have the same compressed/squishy feel (in a good way) that the Rockerverb has?
It's definitely got a unique feel to it. I wouldn't really call it squishy, but it's got a nice bounce to the way it responds. Real sensitive to how hard you are hitting the strings, and has a nice liquid feel for single note runs. Hard for me to compare, as I've never owned a rockerverb.

definitely under the radar metal amp...kinda like that Budda SD80 (otherwise know as the house crusher, fire alarm, wake whole house, neighborhood up) amp.

GrrrrrrEEEEEEaaaaooooWWWWWWWeeeeehhhhhAAAAAeeeeooooOOOOOOWWWWW!!!!! :rock:

I like this amp but in the end, it seemed like too much of a metal amp. I was hoping for more versatility since I no longer play metal.
I ended up liking the Fryette SigX, Mesa Royal Atlantic and Marshall JVM410HJS Satriani amp more and ended up going for the JVM Satriani to add to the Bogner, Mesa and PWE mix. :)

Ive had both the Rockerverb 50, and the OR100 at the same time.
The Rockerverb is a killer amp, more modern than than the OR100.
The OR100 is thicker, more organic, and more versatile than the Rockerverb.
For what I do the OR100 fits the bill better.

tcrash":iwlfl5co said:

Interesting since I see so many guys saying that the OR100 is the Orange metal amp!

richedie":7r7uycu8 said:
tcrash":7r7uycu8 said:

Interesting since I see so many guys saying that the OR100 is the Orange metal amp!

interesting because i have heard the exact opposite on some other forums. specifically those who play ERG's. i am playing a 7 string in A# and i love my Rockerverb 100 MKII ...just wish it had a presence control. i want just a little bit less so i have been using a BBE Sonic Maximizer as my presence control... was looking to dump on the Orange for a Mesa Road King this weekend but i don't think i can give up on Orange. may just buy another amp in spring in addition to my Rockerverb ...or maybe an OR100 as well? because that amp sounds pretty F'n awesome!

Back