how to play the guitar solos from "Hotel California"

bartzzz

Here's the first of 3 videos on how to play the "Hotel California" guitar solos. I cover both parts played by Don Felder and Joe Walsh. Even though we've all heard this a thousand times, it's still an excellent solo to learn. Great feel, accurate bends, nice vibrato, lots of chord tones in the leads and those killer harmonized arpeggios at the end. If you're looking to learn this song I'm pretty sure these lessons will help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clUDEMr ... PZA2dYDo06

I hope you get something out of it. cheers

Marked for later study. Your videos are top-notch and I, for one, applaud the effort. :clap:

Hey man, thanks for these vids...always great....maybe you should hit up the guys at lick library, the rock house method and the like and maybe do something with them that can make you some $$

IndyWS6":31uz8fe0 said:
Marked for later study. Your videos are top-notch and I, for one, applaud the effort. :clap:

Thanks bud. I appreciate it. I'm not sure the crowd in here are into the classic rock stuff as much as metal etc..
But I'm glad you enjoyed it!
cheers

bartzzz":2thzd9fp said:
IndyWS6":2thzd9fp said:

Thanks bud. I appreciate it. I'm not sure the crowd in here are into the classic rock stuff as much as metal etc..
cheers

I loved it and I am much more of a rock and classic rock guy. I appreciate the effort.

bartzzz":3kaocckb said:
IndyWS6":3kaocckb said:

cheers
I am a "metal guy" but i love this kind of guitar playing!
also love becks "cause we ended as lovers" you know that one? ;)

Isn't there a section for Member Videos for this stuff? Nice job, but you constantly do this here and on other forums...ignoring the dedicated lesson forums and spamming the general boards, even after you've been reminded. Sorry to be a dick, but it's a little obnoxious for those of us that follow the rules.

Soulstealer":qiyzz4xr said:
Isn't there a section for Member Videos for this stuff? Nice job, but you constantly do this here and on other forums...ignoring the dedicated lesson forums and spamming the general boards, even after you've been reminded. Sorry to be a dick, but it's a little obnoxious for those of us that follow the rules.

He is right it should be in the music technique category so I moved it to the right spot.

That was kind of lame. No one goes to that part of the forum. I get there are rules but that was ticky tack. Whatever!

gibson5413":2h8kqh1i said:
That was kind of lame. No one goes to that part of the forum. I get there are rules but that was ticky tack. Whatever!

When you see him do it constantly on other forums, after being shown the proper sub-forums and posting in them, only to ignore them again, it gets old. Everyone else wanting to share clips or promote their own product knows where to go and where to find it. Ignoring that just because you want views and to grow your rep is lame to me. If it was just here, I wouldn't have even said anything, but he posts across several message boards, always just finding the busiest section instead of the proper one.

I don't know where else he posts, but it didn't feel to me that he was spamming for traffic. I could have easily missed it, but I don't remember any previous post with a message saying that it was in the wrong section and should be moved. Regardless, I guess I'll have to start checking out the "Music Theory & Technique" section more often and hope that he continues to post videos. They are some of the best; well-produced, well-executed and appreciated by this half-ass rhythm guitar player who needs a little help now and then :yes: :thumbsup:

Soulstealer":1knmi5rt said:
gibson5413":1knmi5rt said:

When you see him do it constantly on other forums, after being shown the proper sub-forums and posting in them, only to ignore them again, it gets old. Everyone else wanting to share clips or promote their own product knows where to go and where to find it. Ignoring that just because you want views and to grow your rep is lame to me. If it was just here, I wouldn't have even said anything, but he posts across several message boards, always just finding the busiest section instead of the proper one.

The hardest part about having a presence on the internet is trying to ignore the whiners, cry babies and complainers. I guess I still need to work on that.

Never spent a great deal of time trying to play eagles stuff, even though I love there music. That solo is brilliant and the lessons and performance piece are really top notch. :thumbsup: and thanks for the lessons. Watch quite a bit of your lessons on YT. Good stuff man.

That's a great video,and I have question, not sure why they do this but it sounds like they change to eminor, before the 2nd guitar comes in for harmony. I am hearing that or is that still bminor(D)?

And at the end I play a d minor shape triad to d down the neck, it's sounds right, but your triad shape sounds more correct so what are you using?

Back