Fractal FX8 has landed!!!

victim5150":3dpxsctg said:
[...] It's similar to the MFC-101 controller for the Axe Fx and my big ass feet don't gel with the tiny buttons on it. I'm always hitting two buttons together. Gonna be hard for me to turn away from my G-System's.
5 buttons across - width 16.35”
FAS-007-2.jpg

6 buttons across - width 15.75”
mfc-101-midi-foot-controller-top.jpg

danyeo":1hjt32k7 said:
Can it do the 4CM setup without adding noise and killing an amps tone?
I sure as hell HOPE so. Is that an issue with the Axe? Not sarcasm by the way.

JerEvil":q9yo9gs8 said:
danyeo":q9yo9gs8 said:

It was with the AxeFX Ultra and II I had and the weird thing it was worse with the II. No amount of isolation or hum eliminators would fix it. Jay Mitchell actually said in the past it was a design flaw but who knows. All I know is the noise 4CM with those units was something I couldn't handle and should never be an issue with a unit at the price. Now I think with new units like the XL.... it's supposedly been addressed.

ejecta":xhq6881i said:
JerEvil":xhq6881i said:
danyeo":xhq6881i said:

It was with the AxeFX Ultra and II I had and the weird thing it was worse with the II. No amount of isolation or hum eliminators would fix it. Jay Mitchell actually said in the past it was a design flaw but who knows. All I know is the noise 4CM with those units was something I couldn't handle and should never be an issue with a unit at the price. Now I think with new units like the XL.... it's supposedly been addressed.
That's lame! So the current "II's" still have the issue though?

I am thinking that knowing guys may ditch their Strymons and Eventides for the FX8 they will have addressed the issue but who knows.

JerEvil":28t8x0ev said:
ejecta":28t8x0ev said:
JerEvil":28t8x0ev said:
danyeo":28t8x0ev said:

I am thinking that knowing guys may ditch their Strymons and Eventides for the FX8 they will have addressed the issue but who knows.

The FX8 has no such issues

JerEvil":2t9y4xpu said:
ejecta":2t9y4xpu said:
JerEvil":2t9y4xpu said:
danyeo":2t9y4xpu said:

Not sure about the new ones since I've not been interesting in using an AxeFX in a good while but I did read they addressed it. It was supposedly addressed with the II with these special cables Fractal was saying to use. I had some of those as well and they didn't work. I've run 4CM for a good while and know how to deal with ground loop hum and never had a problem getting rid of it. Again ironically units like the Line 6 M13, POD HD500, and my current GSP 1101 I've not had to use a hum eliminator unless I've played rooms where it was needed.

BYTOR":361kx56j said:
JerEvil":361kx56j said:
ejecta":361kx56j said:
JerEvil":361kx56j said:
danyeo":361kx56j said:

The FX8 has no such issues

Thanks for the info Scott.

ejecta":3u8e90qe said:
JerEvil":3u8e90qe said:
danyeo":3u8e90qe said:

I had no problems using 4CM with my Ultra or II. In fact, the II was pretty much unnoticeable using 4CM - I made my own humbuster cables and used it with my Ecstasy. I've never had another unit work as well in 4CM as the II - none of the Boss or Line 6 units worked as well and neither did the G-System. The Ultra was second best - even without the humbuster stuff it was better than the G-System and the others.

JerEvil":3vv9rzcf said:

I have an original II and never had a single problem running 4CM.

hippietim":18j4utco said:
ejecta":18j4utco said:
JerEvil":18j4utco said:
danyeo":18j4utco said:

I had no problems using 4CM with my Ultra or II. In fact, the II was pretty much unnoticeable using 4CM - I made my own humbuster cables and used it with my Ecstasy. I've never had another unit work as well in 4CM as the II - none of the Boss or Line 6 units worked as well and neither did the G-System. The Ultra was second best - even without the humbuster stuff it was better than the G-System and the others.

I wasn't the only one that had issues with the II. At that time the fix "limited bandwidth"......... :confused:

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/showth ... ?t=1033646

Anyway I've read they addressed it and I'd assume especially after releasing a product specifically for 4CM that have worked it out.

ejecta":2hftb9n2 said:
I wasn't the only one that had issues with the II. At that time the fix "limited bandwidth"......... :confused:

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/showth ... ?t=1033646

Anyway I've read they addressed it and I'd assume especially after releasing a product specifically for 4CM that have worked it out.

The very early Axe-Fx II's had more bandwidth than necessary on Output 2. The frequency response extended to hundreds of kHz. When used with certain tube amps this would cause instability in the output drivers. The solution was to limit the bandwidth to a "normal" range of 20 to 20 kHz. We provided the update for free and all units shipped after the first 100 or so had this update included. The Axe-Fx II Mark II, XL and XL+ have a redesigned output circuit that is immune from any of these issues.

In other words Fractal rules all!!!

They won't be able to keep the FX8 or the upcoming AX8 in stock......eternal waiting lists!

BYTOR":3cmssufh said:
In other words Fractal rules all!!!

They won't be able to keep the FX8 or the upcoming AX8 in stock......eternal waiting lists!

Thanks for chiming in Scott!

Buy a Standard or an Ultra if you want 4(SHORT)cm
And short cables = less hum/hiss or radio Breznjev

Besides that it much more flexible/cheaper (with FCB) and update free.
And you can check out if the modelling is 130% better then your amp :LOL: :LOL:

Got my bit tonesucker Ultra Snax 4cm'd with a EVH 5150 mini and man does this sound good!!!!
(the EVH5150 this is..... not the amp-model-company-lying-shit)

DADA":3iu8e97m said:
Buy a Standard or an Ultra if you want 4(SHORT)cm
And short cables = less hum/hiss or radio Breznjev

Besides that it much more flexible/cheaper (with FCB) and update free.
And you can check out if the modelling is 130% better then your amp :LOL: :LOL:

Got my bit tonesucker Ultra Snax 4cm'd with a EVH 5150 mini and man does this sound good!!!!
(the EVH5150 this is..... not the amp-model-company-lying-shit)

How much does the ultra and a midi foot controller run used?

Back