Fractal FX8 has landed!!!

blackba":1j6uhb2v said:
DADA":1j6uhb2v said:
Buy a Standard or an Ultra if you want 4(SHORT)cm
And short cables = less hum/hiss or radio Breznjev

Besides that it much more flexible/cheaper (with FCB) and update free.
And you can check out if the modelling is 130% better then your amp :LOL: :LOL:

Got my bit tonesucker Ultra Snax 4cm'd with a EVH 5150 mini and man does this sound good!!!!
(the EVH5150 this is..... not the amp-model-company-lying-shit)

How much does the ultra and a midi foot controller run used?

On Ebay $800-$900 and $50 for the FCB

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rack-Mountable- ... 1081363400

hippietim":1dymxi1x said:
ejecta":1dymxi1x said:
JerEvil":1dymxi1x said:
danyeo":1dymxi1x said:
Can it do the 4CM setup without adding noise and killing an amps tone?
I sure as hell HOPE so. Is that an issue with the Axe? Not sarcasm by the way.

It was with the AxeFX Ultra and II I had and the weird thing it was worse with the II. No amount of isolation or hum eliminators would fix it. Jay Mitchell actually said in the past it was a design flaw but who knows. All I know is the noise 4CM with those units was something I couldn't handle and should never be an issue with a unit at the price. Now I think with new units like the XL.... it's supposedly been addressed.

I had no problems using 4CM with my Ultra or II. In fact, the II was pretty much unnoticeable using 4CM - I made my own humbuster cables and used it with my Ecstasy. I've never had another unit work as well in 4CM as the II - none of the Boss or Line 6 units worked as well and neither did the G-System. The Ultra was second best - even without the humbuster stuff it was better than the G-System and the others.

I didn't have the same outcome and I've read plenty of threads on several forums with guys that had the same issue as me. I tried the Axe-2...not the XL. 4CM was a disaster with it, white noise and my amp always sounded better without the Axe. I know it wasn't my amps fault because a crappy Digitech RP1000 worked perfect in 4CM, but it's effects and routing are subpar. But it looks like Fractal has it addressed with the Axe-XL and this new FX8.

ejecta":rstiiuvz said:
JerEvil":rstiiuvz said:
danyeo":rstiiuvz said:
Can it do the 4CM setup without adding noise and killing an amps tone?
I sure as hell HOPE so. Is that an issue with the Axe? Not sarcasm by the way.

It was with the AxeFX Ultra and II I had and the weird thing it was worse with the II. No amount of isolation or hum eliminators would fix it. Jay Mitchell actually said in the past it was a design flaw but who knows. All I know is the noise 4CM with those units was something I couldn't handle and should never be an issue with a unit at the price. Now I think with new units like the XL.... it's supposedly been addressed.

I used a Humdinger in the Fx loop of the amp, but my hum issue wasn't as bad but it got rid of it. I also used an ISP Decimator G string for the front end of the amp and plugged the Axe Fx 2 into the in and out of the Decimator then my guitar into the Decimator and the out into the front end of the amp. It worked great. Did you use the Humbuster cables? I made my own and they worked really well.

rockinchippy":2wukj0k6 said:
Dopethrone":2wukj0k6 said:
rockinchippy":2wukj0k6 said:
This thing is AMAZING! So inspired :D

Sounds great Alex...def worth 1300? i'd be willing to spend for what looks like a BUNCH of features, specs and flexibility with the computer interface etc.

Think about it...an Eventide H9 is like $500....this is $1,300 and it has EVERYTHING plus you can use 8 pedals at a time and even more if you master "scenes". Some effects also have X/Y capability so it's like being able to switch to another effect using one position. It's all I will ever need. That's for sure.

Have you tried the H9? I have a couple of them on my board and absolutely love them. You want to talk about inspiring....those do the job so well for me. The interface is fantastic with IOS. I do get what you are saying though with everything.....just not a fan of this unit. It would still cost me way too much to import up here with taxes and brokerage fees and most importantly, the lousy exchange rate.

PBGas":1ihqlie9 said:
.....just not a fan of this unit. It would still cost me way too much to import up here with taxes and brokerage fees and most importantly, the lousy exchange rate.

And how do these things make you "just not a fan of the unit" ???......you haven't even tried one. All the things you're complaining about are Canada's fault, not the FX8 :LOL: :LOL:

BYTOR":1cr089k8 said:
PBGas":1cr089k8 said:
.....just not a fan of this unit. It would still cost me way too much to import up here with taxes and brokerage fees and most importantly, the lousy exchange rate.

And how do these things make you "just not a fan of the unit" ???......you haven't even tried one. All the things you're complaining about are Canada's fault, not the FX8 :LOL: :LOL:

AxeFx police to the rescue :LOL: :LOL:

tfridgen":3e53rwsh said:
BYTOR":3e53rwsh said:
PBGas":3e53rwsh said:

:LOL: :LOL: Scott is on the job.

BYTOR":36w361zr said:
PBGas":36w361zr said:

I'm a huge Fractal fan but I also realize that if something costs a whole lot more money than I'm willing or able to spend then it's not hard to see not being a fan. I have no idea what the price to Canada will be. But, we all have our limits. Would you be a fan of the FX8 if it were 25% more? 50%? double?

ejecta":38uwghss said:
tfridgen":38uwghss said:
BYTOR":38uwghss said:
PBGas":38uwghss said:

Dude, you remind of when I was like 9 and I got the K-Tel Goofy Greats LP. That fucking thing would skip during the Disco Duck chorus. Just repeating "Disco, Disco Duck" over and over and over and over and over...

...but that was actually less annoying.

hippietim":1n3hh47s said:
ejecta":1n3hh47s said:
tfridgen":1n3hh47s said:
BYTOR":1n3hh47s said:
PBGas":1n3hh47s said:

Dude, you remind of when I was like 9 and I got the K-Tel Goofy Greats LP. That fucking thing would skip during the Disco Duck chorus. Just repeating "Disco, Disco Duck" over and over and over and over and over...

...but that was actually less annoying.

hqdefault.jpg

Thanks for sharing Mrs. Peterson.

i can't help but feel that there are some real lose bags on both sides of the fractal debates... who cares!

blackba":6z04lvlj said:
Very nice. Looks like the fx8 has some serious competition. That said Pete can make anything sound good.
Granted, it's not nearly as "fully equipped" as the FX8, but that's kinda the beauty of it. It does some beautiful vintage effects (and some contemporary ones too, no less) but it's a different bag of chips. More purist, less techie.

I'm a bit jazzed about the FX8 no less. But I know myself, I only need a few 'quality' effects...most of the time LOL.

BYTOR":3vrz28jz said:
PBGas":3vrz28jz said:

True....I just blame Canada for it. ;)

I probably should have been a bit clearer on that, my apologies for offending the Fractal brotherhood. I'm not a fan of what it would cost for me to bring it up here.

Either way, it's probably a great unit.

Back