[CAPTURE MASTER] Le Mirador // New Cabs!

Hi Sylvain

I demoed the new cabs for a couple of hours last night and they sound amazing – great job again :thumbsup:
I hope the BritGreen2 will be up soon as well, I plan to get all 5 at the same time.

I noticed one thing about the the Silver10 2. It sounds to me like the Mk5's and 141's load the opposite front and back IR's.
They sound more open and direct with the back cab IR's loaded. Not a big deal, but I thought it worth mentioning.

All the best
Knut

Ola todos,

merci pour les encouragements. :)

I definitely have to do some audios tests about #2 captures.
Hope it will be fixable. :doh:
Keep in touch. ;)

We will fix it but our team is very small these days with the holidays.

All the customers will see their cabinets updated after we find the issue and fix it. ;)

I confirmed Sunking's Silver10 2 bug as I hadn't tried that cab yet (but did not check all the other mics)...

I noticed one thing about the the Silver10 2. It sounds to me like the Mk5's and 141's load the opposite front and back IR's.
They sound more open and direct with the back cab IR's loaded.

The workaround is to select the cab's back rather than it's front on the mics effected.

We corrected the Silver10 2. If you want to get the corrected file, just go to the License and Cabinet Manager on the Two Notes Store website : http://store.two-notes.com/index.php?co ... tnLicenses

Choose "Renew your Torpedo license.", and click ok.

Then, launch the Torpedo Remote or WoS III : it should detect the new license online, download it, and download the updated file automatically. You may however need to restart the Torpedo Remote or WoS a second time for the changes to be effective.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Each file is carefully validated before going on sale (that's how the BritGreen2 was delayed, actually), but in this case, with the Silver10 2 being open back, and overly "open" character of the condenser microphones, we just missed this inversion.

Anyway, enjoy the cabinet ! :)

@pacocito -> Yes it is!

The "blue label" speakers made by Chicago Telephone Supply (CTS) in the 60's are gorgeous.

The Superblue is one of our best capture. :yes:

As you see in the picture is not easy to read the serial number.

The amp was made in 1966, i'm sure of that.
Perhaps the speakers was changed in 69? I don't know.
Whatever, this cab has an incredible mojo.

Attachments

• superblue.jpg
    superblue.jpg
    772.6 KB · Views: 9,555
Sylvain Briat":26miikd8 said:
@pacocito -> Yes it is!

I play a friend's blackface Super Reverb (65-66, not sure) from time to time. We use it for recording at the studio. It's an awesome amp.

I like the Silver 10 2 too!

I have a original 1971 SF Super Reverb with the original Blue Label CTS speakers, and your captures sound just like it!

Merci Sylvain, as my Super Reverb weighs 80lbs (36kg) so I don't move it much anymore! :LOL: :LOL:

Sylvain Briat":1gl7qyjv said:
@pacocito -> Yes it is!

The "blue label" speakers made by Chicago Telephone Supply (CTS) in the 60's are gorgeous.

The Superblue is one of our best capture. :yes:

As you see in the picture is not easy to read the serial number.

Hi,

we have identify the problem about the BritGreen2.
It's not a big deal. We have to erase and redo the back captures for small condensers mics. It's the safer solution.
But it isn't our cab. We're looking to find a way to have the cab at Le Mirador soon as possible.
It's a priority for us... cause the BritGreen2 is absolutely fantastic ! :yes:
We are very very very proud of this capture... So we are truly sorry for the delaying.

Fearhk213 -> I note your idea... but I am not really sure to find this kind of stuff near us... :(

Doing a lot of new captures ! :D

70's AMPEG : "oldies but goodies !"

BUDDA 2x12 : "phat !"

And so many things ... ... ... ;)

Attachments

• IMG_1090.JPG
    IMG_1090.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 9,327
Sylvain,

Just wanted to say I'm a fan of your cabs! I have the Silver10 and TangerBlak... and I want them all!

Please keep making more cabs! I know a metal one is rumored... I'm not much of a metal player, but I look forward to hearing and playing any of your other offerings! Please keep finding rare, VINTAGE, awesome sounding cabs. Thank you!

:thumbsup:

Hornacho -> Merci beaucoup ! We are capturing a lot of new cabs bass, vintage, metal, boutique ... etc ... :)
djd100 -> Thanks ! (it rocks) ;)

<<<<<<<<<<<<Some of futur metal cabs>>>>>>>>>> :

Budda 2x12, Randall trasher, Engl Pro212, Randall RV412
<<<<<<<<<<brutal vibes !>>>>>>>>>>> :gethim:

Attachments

• PicsArt_1442408994861 copy.jpg
    PicsArt_1442408994861 copy.jpg
    427.4 KB · Views: 9,256
Back