Wizard Amp User Gallery. Post a pic if you have a Wizard.

SBlue":2c47czu2 said:
drburns73":2c47czu2 said:
drburns73":2c47czu2 said:
Anyone in here owned the MTL serial # WM 116 besides Ampaddict?
I think that may have been the one I bought from him. I don't have a close-up pic of the serial number. After checking out the few photos I have of it, I'm fairly certain that it's the same amp. Same dings in the tolex.

Thanks man!!
Was it you who sold it on Ebay early this year?
I sold it to Rock N Roll Vintage. I don't know if they sold it thru ebay or not. I can find out for you. I teach there. Is there something specific you wanted to find out about it?

Thanks again!
I believe RNRV sold it through Ebay.
I was just curious about who owned it before. The amp sounds fabulous, and I'm in love with it. I have a VC100 for a long time now, and I can see this MTL staying home for a while.
Long live Wizard!
Yeah. That is a great Wizard. They are all great, but that one had a little extra mojo in it. Seems like those amps get significantly better with age. I currently have a MC100 and a MC50. They both sound amazing, but certainly have gotten sweeter with a couple years of heavy use on them. I love them so much that I've retired my '67 100 watt SuperLead which was my main amp for over 10 years before the Wizards came into the picture. I recently played an older VC50 with the small logo. It is incredible as well. Hopefully, I can convince the owner that he doesn't need it :)

One of my MCII's with the new Wizard custom "V" trannies by MM.....perfection in a box. Liked it so much, I ordered a second one before Rick changes anything! He is an awesome amp builder to work with too.

389045_10151081567157559_1696742639_n.jpg

lespaul6":fxzazmt3 said:
updated wall of doom with new edition in white!
Nice :rock: Brad/Todd old one on the bottom? What year are they made? Cant beat the raw and organic tone from a Wizard. :thumbsup:

rocker":16lpwp3i said:
lespaul6":16lpwp3i said:
updated wall of doom with new edition in white!
Nice :rock: Brad/Todd old one on the bottom? What year are they made? Cant beat the raw and organic tone from a Wizard. :thumbsup:

Yes, the bottom amp and the top amp were both made in 2010. One is a C tranny the other an A. The middle is a C tranny from 2009 I think... it does not have the treble pull pot and the additional led indicators. I purchased it still in the wrapping from the original owner! I dont use the treble gain anyway as the amp has all the gain I need without that. :rock:

At a fill in gig I did on Saturday with the 2x12 Wizard cab. M75 & Lynchback. Sounds killer.

Attachments

• gig.jpg
    gig.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 20,266
BAN-ONE":3ssode4u said:
At all fill in gig I did on Saturday with the 2x12 Wizard cab. M75 & Lynchback. Sounds killer.

nice... I bet those lynch backs sound great. If and when they are available in 16ohms, I would like to give them a try

MC50...got it from a guy, who got it from a guy on RT. It's a HUGE sounding amp, absolutely crushing gain...so much so I kept it and got rid of my Twin Jet. The Wiz is more organic and open with a fantastic growl to it.

Attachments

• 025.JPG
    025.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 5,454
That was my MC50 originally. I also have an MC100 with the same mods. That MC50 is a CRUSHING amp. I have two other Wizards and couldn't justify having three. I'm glad you're enjoying it. Makes me feel better that someone is using and loving it instead of having it collect dust in my rehearsal space.
Take care,
Mike

drburns73":2sv0f4ue said:
That was my MC50 originally. I also have an MC100 with the same mods. That MC50 is a CRUSHING amp. I have two other Wizards and couldn't justify having three. I'm glad you're enjoying it. Makes me feel better that someone is using and loving it instead of having it collect dust in my rehearsal space.
Take care,
Mike

It's a monstrous amp for 50w, about to put some new tubes in it from Valve Queen. I ditched a Twin Jet as the gain on the MC50 is more pleasing and just as aggressive.

I thought at some point I saw a Wizard with a wine red sort of taurus headshell, and gold logo. If anyone knows the one I'm talking about, pics appreciated. It's not the full-on red one, more of a burgundy.

Back