THE RUNT

Now that some places like Matt's Music are already taking preorders when can we expect some tones, demos and offical information on this Runt? Very interested in the 50 watter head if it has enough gain on tap without a boost. I much prefer amp gain over pedal gain.

Is this amp going to have gain similar to the BE-100 lead channel or much less?

The OD channel is a BE circuit or if you turn off the boost less. Videos are starting next week should be out in 2 weeks or so. These do not have all the features of the handwired series because they are made to be entry level amps to Friedman.

Looks absolutely killer and perfectly-placed market-wise. Well done, Dave. I'd love to get a Runt50 Combo! Which speaker for that one?

Dave, how comparable is the Runt 20 to the Jet City JCA20 you used to do mods for? I have one of the JCA20 heads with your mod package. Mine has the SAT switch, effects loop, and the simple clean channel. One of the best amps I've ever owned.

sahlomonic":17mwxm7d said:
Dave, how comparable is the Runt 20 to the Jet City JCA20 you used to do mods for? I have one of the JCA20 heads with your mod package. Mine has the SAT switch, effects loop, and the simple clean channel. One of the best amps I've ever owned.

Yes is very similar but not sat switch. Voicing might be a bit different because the tubes are cathode biased and some other little things.

RACKSYSTEMS":1wwo6516 said:
sahlomonic":1wwo6516 said:

Yes is very similar but not sat switch. Voicing might be a bit different because the tubes are cathode biased and some other little things.

Would be awesome if Dave added the sat switch to these.

jlb32":3aslhz3g said:
RACKSYSTEMS":3aslhz3g said:
sahlomonic":3aslhz3g said:

Would be awesome if Dave added the sat switch to these.

Yeah, that would be a cool addition. I am just waiting to hear clips at this point.

Question for Dave How different would the Butterslax channel 2 be to the Runt higain(Be) ..Is the Butter 2 more gain and more upper mids or could you get Runt into the ballpark with gain and mids turned up ??

talking about the Runt 50 34"s

Really looking forward to these - particularly the Runt 50 with EQ on the clean channel! I am really excited that there is finally a Friedman option in my price range. Any chance that there will be some clips / videos coming out soon?

Dave, I'm reading on the forums the Runt 50 has gain equal to the Smallbox, but above you state BE circuit. Is the BE & Smallbox about the same gain territory? I take the runt will not get into the HBE territory?

More Video please......

Thanks!

Back