Very nice to be a newbie to this forum. Here's info about me

Max Haze

Really nice to be here on the forum. For many years I have found solutions to gear related problems both on forums and on youtube. As sort of a payback to all that help over time I have now for a couple of years done my own youtube videos. So it will be great to be here on the forum and help out and also have some great talks with others with a passion for guitar gear and playing guitar.

I have been playing guitar as long as I can remember. I have my own band that is called Psyckadeli. It's a band that does collaborations with different artist. Here is a little video about me...

Your guitar playing sounds great but I think you need work on your vocal mixes. Just constructive criticism.

mudf00t":1dm0bp7t said:
Max Haze":1dm0bp7t said:
What do you mean by "vocal mixes"? On our original songs?

Yes, I think the music mix sounds great but not so hot on the vocal mix.

I REALLY like the vid!! :thumbsup:
Haven't checked it out in my studio yet, but when I listen on computer speakers in my office, the Vox seem to be competing a little bit with the jangly guitar. Maybe that's what mudf00t is talking about.
Given the quality of the work here, I would suspect that any issues with the mix are end user playback issues.

Great job :rock: :rock: :rock:

And welcome to the forum

fusedbrain":ce0m8zc7 said:
mudf00t":ce0m8zc7 said:
Max Haze":ce0m8zc7 said:

Haven't checked it out in my studio yet, but when I listen on computer speakers in my office, the Vox seem to be competing a little bit with the jangly guitar. Maybe that's what mudf00t is talking about.
Given the quality of the work here, I would suspect that any issues with the mix are end user playback issues.

And welcome to the forum

The vocals are way too in front of the rest of the mix and it sounds like a karaoke singer on top of the music because the "room" doesn't match the band.

Nice to hear that you liked the video fusedbrain. The vocals seams to be a hard potato all the time. Before people have told us that the vocals was to low on other songs. What do you think of this song...

mudf00t":zjkhix8y said:
fusedbrain":zjkhix8y said:
mudf00t":zjkhix8y said:
Max Haze":zjkhix8y said:

And welcome to the forum

The vocals are way too in front of the rest of the mix and it sounds like a karaoke singer on top of the music because the "room" doesn't match the band.

Wow, interesting. On my system the vocals are buried by the wash of delayed guitar.
I was actually thinking this was a case of "the guitar player mixed our record, and now I can't hear the vox" LOL

Just goes to show how difficult it is to master your tracks so they sound good everywhere. So many different playback mediums, it's tough.

In any event, I still think this is some good stuff. I dig it!!

Max Haze":2q5kz54f said:
Nice to hear that you liked the video fusedbrain. The vocals seams to be a hard potato all the time. Before people have told us that the vocals was to low on other songs. What do you think of this song...

Ya Baby :rock: :rock: :rock:

That sounds great!! Vox are right there on this one. Nice work.

fusedbrain":2rmmb0rf said:
mudf00t":2rmmb0rf said:
fusedbrain":2rmmb0rf said:
mudf00t":2rmmb0rf said:
Max Haze":2rmmb0rf said:

And welcome to the forum

Wow, interesting. On my system the vocals are buried by the wash of delayed guitar.
I was actually thinking this was a case of "the guitar player mixed our record, and now I can't hear the vox" LOL

Just goes to show how difficult it is to master your tracks so they sound good everywhere. So many different playback mediums, it's tough.

In any event, I still think this is some good stuff. I dig it!!

Thank you for the kind words. I can garanti that the mix is not done by the guitarist (me). I think that after putting so much time on the recordings. The best way to mix it is with new fresh ears. So we have a guy that does all the mixing and mastering...

Back