Boss Katana

atrox":1ckv0p06 said:
moltenmetalburn":1ckv0p06 said:
Put the parametric filter in the FX section to approximate amps.

For example: diezel dmoll- use the LEAD setting, set high pass to 40, low pass to 6.3k and set the low mid to a Q or 4 and volume to -4 or -5 for midcut. Nails 95 percent of the vibe of my Dmoll when A/B.

Wih my axe fx as a data resource I just look at the models to see where the highs and lows are filtered and I start there which is a major part of indivdual amp voicings.

Unfortunately you cannot use the EQ and delay simultaneously. ( a huge oversight). With a few small changes the V2 of the katana could be PERFECT.

The clunky fx setup where you cant just use what you want, no tuner and limited MIDI are my only conplaints.

Going to try it as the wet side of a W/D With the Dmoll feeding its preamp into the katana loop return.
Using it as FX and poweramp.

Sure you can. Slap the ParaEQ in the Mod section and adjust the chain so the mods are in the loop. Then you have the delay free to use. :)

This is how i have my main gain channel set up

Very cool, thanks BUT i use the ts808 so id lose that. Failed to mention that earlier.

I WANT booster up front, delay AND eq in the loop all at once.

moltenmetalburn":y0cedppl said:
atrox":y0cedppl said:
moltenmetalburn":y0cedppl said:

For example: diezel dmoll- use the LEAD setting, set high pass to 40, low pass to 6.3k and set the low mid to a Q or 4 and volume to -4 or -5 for midcut. Nails 95 percent of the vibe of my Dmoll when A/B.

Wih my axe fx as a data resource I just look at the models to see where the highs and lows are filtered and I start there which is a major part of indivdual amp voicings.

Unfortunately you cannot use the EQ and delay simultaneously. ( a huge oversight). With a few small changes the V2 of the katana could be PERFECT.

The clunky fx setup where you cant just use what you want, no tuner and limited MIDI are my only conplaints.

Going to try it as the wet side of a W/D With the Dmoll feeding its preamp into the katana loop return.

Sure you can. Slap the ParaEQ in the Mod section and adjust the chain so the mods are in the loop. Then you have the delay free to use. :)

Very cool, thanks BUT i use the ts808 so id lose that. Failed to mention that earlier.

yeah. Honestly, if they'd just open up that reverb slot for FX, that would make things so much better.

moltenmetalburn":3ap55fzt said:
atrox":3ap55fzt said:
moltenmetalburn":3ap55fzt said:

I think it does that through the software, just doesn't give you tweak ability on the head

crankyrayhanky":364qjcrd said:
moltenmetalburn":364qjcrd said:
atrox":364qjcrd said:
moltenmetalburn":364qjcrd said:

I think it does that through the software, just doesn't give you tweak ability on the head

Unfortunately, no. You can run a boost or a Mod/FX and Delay or a Mod/FX

moltenmetalburn":1idskddc said:
atrox":1idskddc said:
moltenmetalburn":1idskddc said:

That is probably my biggest "complaint" as well.

When I use a boost and the Para EQ, that is pretty much my entire chain. There is no more space for any effects. That chain does sound great though for heavy rhythms.

sucks to be so damn close to only needing the head for a gig. I hope the popularity of this thing makes V2 perfect.

Hell I hope this encourages boss to keep going. Next we need the "Mesa" voiced "Tanto".

The firmware update is like involved. Not quite what I'm used to..and for what.. better effects or less noisy as mentioned.

Beandust":1l7ncwew said:
The firmware update is like involved. Not quite what I'm used to..and for what.. better effects or less noisy as mentioned.

Yeah its a little weird but worth it. All updates will most likely be worth it.

danyeo":i9d77thk said:
There's 2 for sale in the classifieds. This thing is sooooo yesterday. :D

Yep, you know it's bad when you're shipping a head like this. They're taking a huge loss on it selling used with shipping/fees.

Perhaps some Boss employees in here shilling a bit eh?

:LOL: :LOL:

I had two speakers lying around so I figured Id gamble on a cheapo cabinet and make it a practice rig.

I went with the unloaded jet city 12sve.

For $228 shipped I figured go for it, it's the right size and matching cosmetics. The vertical arrangement makes for easier knob tweaking as well, I didn't want to be bending over for a horizontal setup.

It sounds great! If you're looking for a cab to mate with it this is a fine choice.

I am extremely surprised and satisfied that such a budget rig can sound so good and be so inspiring to play.

moltenmetalburn":2dngwaua said:

I had two speakers lying around so I figured Id gamble on a cheapo cabinet and make it a practice rig.

For $228 shipped I figured go for it, it's the right size and matching cosmetics. The vertical arrangement makes for easier knob tweaking as well, I didn't want to be bending over for a horizontal setup.

It sounds great! If you're looking for a cab to mate with it this is a fine choice.

I am extremely surprised and satisfied that such a budget rig can sound so good and be so inspiring to play.

Aint it the truth!

moltenmetalburn":35kj02py said:

Sweet! Looks great together. :rock:

Why is this bullshit amp going on 8 pages?? lol... I do think the head and JetCity cab combo looks stellar though! It does sound good too.... but 8 pages worth? This is getting into BOOOOOTIQUE territory. You guys better watch your mouths, you are encroaching on the big boys now where hype is concerned!

Kapo_Polenton":3l2j9f2t said:
Why is this bullshit amp going on 8 pages?? lol... I do think the head and JetCity cab combo looks stellar though! It does sound good too.... but 8 pages worth? This is getting into BOOOOOTIQUE territory. You guys better watch your mouths, you are encroaching on the big boys now where hype is concerned!

Its the expectation for SS and the price point.

It is NOT a tube amp. FET into MOSFET AB with DSP for tube amp speaker interaction. Its a tiny bit thinner in the resonance, can be a bit sharper depending on settings, missing the smooth "sheen" of tubes. Some missing higher harmonics i think.

It is however so good kids in a few year wont know cheap SS used to SUCK. The feel is unmatched in this kind of amp.

If this was just useable as the 5" all in one bedroom practice rig I got it for I would be happy. The fact that i can easily record and gig with it make it the best value Ive ever had.

Yeah my last Solid State amp was the DIME amp. And it completely FLUBBED OUT when cranked at high volumes. :no:

This amp is as punchy and tight as possible when blasting thru 4x12's. :thumbsup:

Really digging it. :rock:

Back