Boss Katana

Mailman1971":1659uwbx said:
Yeah my last Solid State amp was the DIME amp. And it completely FLUBBED OUT when cranked at high volumes. :no:

This amp is as punchy and tight as possible when blasting thru 4x12's. :thumbsup:

Really digging it. :rock:

I hated that thing. It even sounded shitty at Dimes house lmao.

moltenmetalburn":1bz762hr said:
Mailman1971":1bz762hr said:
Yeah my last Solid State amp was the DIME amp. And it completely FLUBBED OUT when cranked at high volumes. :no:

This amp is as punchy and tight as possible when blasting thru 4x12's. :thumbsup:

Really digging it. :rock:

I hated that thing. It even sounded shitty at Dimes house lmao.
You would know Rick. I saw the pics of you guys hanging out there.
I bet Dime would of loved this Katana. :rock:

moltenmetalburn":3b0j0fwz said:
Kapo_Polenton":3b0j0fwz said:
Why is this bullshit amp going on 8 pages?? lol... I do think the head and JetCity cab combo looks stellar though! It does sound good too.... but 8 pages worth? This is getting into BOOOOOTIQUE territory. You guys better watch your mouths, you are encroaching on the big boys now where hype is concerned!

Its the expectation for SS and the price point.

It is NOT a tube amp. FET into MOSFET AB with DSP for tube amp speaker interaction. Its a tiny bit thinner in the resonance, can be a bit sharper depending on settings, missing the smooth "sheen" of tubes. Some missing higher harmonics i think.

It is however so good kids in a few year wont know cheap SS used to SUCK. The feel is unmatched in this kind of amp.

If this was just useable as the 5" all in one bedroom practice rig I got it for I would be happy. The fact that i can easily record and gig with it make it the best value Ive ever had.

MR.moltenmetalburn I agree with you 100%

If anyone had told me, a year ago, that I would own a SS 100w amp and would like it I would have told them they are high as fuck and to stop talking. :gethim: Today I feel different. I had to find out for myself, glad I did. We can talk about this amp until we are blue in the face but until you plug into a good cab, crank it up to band volumes and feel/hear it for yourself you will never know. Talk shit all you want, I don't give a fuck. It may not be for everyone but this is the closest thing to a really good tube amp some people will ever get. The price point is what makes owing one so much sweeter.

Gsxrbusa":3c56fi3z said:
We can talk about this amp until we are blue in the face but until you plug into a good cab, crank it up to band volumes and feel/hear it for yourself you will never know. Talk shit all you want, I don't give a fuck. It may not be for everyone but this is the closest thing to a really good tube amp some people will ever get. The price point is what makes owing one so much sweeter.
Tom you know know we talk allot of shit around here. :yes:
But man how you worded this CANNOT BE TRUER!! :rock:
I been up and down the food chain. Yeah just cause lot of amps went thru my hands does not discredit what I feel or know bout tone. Not playing an expert ..... but....
;) All I can do is compare this amp with the Fuckteenth billion I have played thru my rig at my place
IN A FULL BAND SITUATION NOT JUST WHISPER VOLUMES IN MY BEDROOM. :LOL: :LOL:
All that being said....
Yeah..... the Katana has its place in my world for sure. Hope others can relate to what me and Tom boy gotta say. Your mile may vary. :thumbsup:

Anyone tried playing the head through studio monitors? I've got Yamaha monitors and an Atomic CLR for my Kemper. I don't have any 4x12s anymore.

Will it sound like shit through an FRFR?

Metlupass2":2d4bui91 said:
Anyone tried playing the head through studio monitors? I've got Yamaha monitors and an Atomic CLR for my Kemper. I don't have any 4x12s anymore.

Will it sound like shit through an FRFR?

Actually had the line out running to PA this evening while jamming. Sounded bettsr than I expected, useable.

Ahhh..... it seems like the good ol' days with a thread that goes on forever about an amp that's the flavor of the month. Only this time you'll pick them up by the boatloads for the price of a pedal. :LOL: :LOL:

ejecta":tmy4i9jx said:
Ahhh..... it seems like the good ol' days with a thread that goes on forever about an amp that's the flavor of the month. Only this time you'll pick them up by the boatloads for the price of a pedal. :LOL: :LOL:

And everyone can actually afford to try one themselves :LOL: :LOL:

big_aug":1bi6zqle said:
ejecta":1bi6zqle said:

And everyone can actually afford to try one themselves :LOL: :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL:

Just so's you know, that cab is a 24SVe. What did you do with the stock speakers? Or did you purchase it unloaded? (Sorry--Jet City Artist here). And yes, those cabs are awesome and the steal of the century. If you buy it loaded the stock speakers are very greenback-sounding. The idea with the SVe was a more "vintage" sounding speaker.

:rock:

moltenmetalburn":1n21v6db said:

I had two speakers lying around so I figured Id gamble on a cheapo cabinet and make it a practice rig.

I went with the unloaded jet city 12sve.

For $228 shipped I figured go for it, it's the right size and matching cosmetics. The vertical arrangement makes for easier knob tweaking as well, I didn't want to be bending over for a horizontal setup.

It sounds great! If you're looking for a cab to mate with it this is a fine choice.

I am extremely surprised and satisfied that such a budget rig can sound so good and be so inspiring to play.

racerevlon":160iev7t said:
Just so's you know, that cab is a 24SVe. What did you do with the stock speakers? Or did you purchase it unloaded? (Sorry--Jet City Artist here). And yes, those cabs are awesome and the steal of the century. If you buy it loaded the stock speakers are very greenback-sounding. The idea with the SVe was a more "vintage" sounding speaker.

:rock:

moltenmetalburn":160iev7t said:

I had two speakers lying around so I figured Id gamble on a cheapo cabinet and make it a practice rig.

I went with the unloaded jet city 12sve.

For $228 shipped I figured go for it, it's the right size and matching cosmetics. The vertical arrangement makes for easier knob tweaking as well, I didn't want to be bending over for a horizontal setup.

It sounds great! If you're looking for a cab to mate with it this is a fine choice.

I am extremely surprised and satisfied that such a budget rig can sound so good and be so inspiring to play.

Oh yeah, just goofed.

I bought it unloaded, put two delta 12a into it.

Quick clip of the Crunch channel with my Les Paul (EMG ZW set) and Crate 1x12 loaded with a K100.

Back