Diezel VH4 Head and 4x12 Cab on Reverb

RJF":2et1pjke said:
It isn't selling because it's still priced fairly high, it's a USA cab with the crappy OEM speakers, and it's misrepresented and misleading due to the fact that it's listed as a front loaded cab but is clearly a rear load cab.

I just sold one of those cabs, but with an X of V30's and those OEM's for $650. If it didn't have the two mesa V30's in mine, I probably wouldn't have sold it for that.

If you want it to sell, you'll have to come down another grand and fix your description. Most of us that can clearly see the poster doesn't know what they have when they list their item or discribe it incorrectly, run away. It's usually a bad sign. Not being dicky, just stating a fact that happens for most buyers browsing internet for sale adds.

Unfortunately, the market just keeps getting worse and worse. $3K for a clean VH4 is not a good deal anymore. You can pick them up in the mid 2K range if you shop a little. The cab, IMHO, are $500 cabs. Seems today, nothing sells unless it's vintage, hard to get, or is a good deal.
q0sdxbmrwc2xffhs0z6f.jpg

thanks for the post. i never meant to mislead in my description about the cab being front loaded, that was just me being misinformed, i appreciate everyone chiming in about it being rear loaded. the description has since been updated. the cases were also a factor in my price, i wasn't putting so much worth into the cab. i'm definitely willing to come down on the price.

sorcerscore":1bn4p5y3 said:
RJF":1bn4p5y3 said:
It isn't selling because it's still priced fairly high, it's a USA cab with the crappy OEM speakers, and it's misrepresented and misleading due to the fact that it's listed as a front loaded cab but is clearly a rear load cab.

I just sold one of those cabs, but with an X of V30's and those OEM's for $650. If it didn't have the two mesa V30's in mine, I probably wouldn't have sold it for that.

If you want it to sell, you'll have to come down another grand and fix your description. Most of us that can clearly see the poster doesn't know what they have when they list their item or discribe it incorrectly, run away. It's usually a bad sign. Not being dicky, just stating a fact that happens for most buyers browsing internet for sale adds.

Unfortunately, the market just keeps getting worse and worse. $3K for a clean VH4 is not a good deal anymore. You can pick them up in the mid 2K range if you shop a little. The cab, IMHO, are $500 cabs. Seems today, nothing sells unless it's vintage, hard to get, or is a good deal.
q0sdxbmrwc2xffhs0z6f.jpg

thanks for the post. i never meant to mislead in my description about the cab being front loaded, that was just me being misinformed, i appreciate everyone chiming in about it being rear loaded. the description has since been updated. the cases were also a factor in my price, i wasn't putting so much worth into the cab. i'm definitely willing to come down on the price.
I completely understand that you just simply didn't know. Again, I wasn't trying to be a dick, just saying it exactly the way a random buyer would browsing the add. The cases do add some value, but they can be a tough sell too, unfortunately. Best of luck my friend.

GOHOINC":32ns2nfi said:
Hey_bert_whtcha_doin_bert":32ns2nfi said:
Man it only goes that low because people let it. There's just a no reason a 4400 dollar head that isn't over saturated in the market should ever go that low unless it is in just horrible friggin shape. Ridiculous!

Incorrect. New prices have little bearing on the used value for any product. The market sets the price, if you want it to sell you price it at a point that the market can bear. Otherwise you sit on it until someone who doesn't know any better places the same value on it that you do.

Think about it from an economic point of view, its 2016, a VH4 and matching cab in the states are not rare or terribly hard to find things any more. Every year more VH4 heads and cabs hit the new market which means there are more available for the used market. I don't see the demand side keeping up with the increased supply. Too much supply, not enough demand, price comes down...

Everything you just said I said in my very first sentence. I agree with supply and demand but what is there still lest then 2000 of each model still or at least that's about were they are. Not exactly a lot. I agree with that in the future but right now... No.

Hey_bert_whtcha_doin_bert":21n0by4r said:
GOHOINC":21n0by4r said:
Hey_bert_whtcha_doin_bert":21n0by4r said:
Man it only goes that low because people let it. There's just a no reason a 4400 dollar head that isn't over saturated in the market should ever go that low unless it is in just horrible friggin shape. Ridiculous!

Incorrect. New prices have little bearing on the used value for any product. The market sets the price, if you want it to sell you price it at a point that the market can bear. Otherwise you sit on it until someone who doesn't know any better places the same value on it that you do.

Think about it from an economic point of view, its 2016, a VH4 and matching cab in the states are not rare or terribly hard to find things any more. Every year more VH4 heads and cabs hit the new market which means there are more available for the used market. I don't see the demand side keeping up with the increased supply. Too much supply, not enough demand, price comes down...

Everything you just said I said in my very first sentence. I agree with supply and demand but what is there still lest then 2000 of each model still or at least that's about were they are. Not exactly a lot. I agree with that in the future but right now... No.
I'm sorry, but right now yes. How do I know you are wrong? Because I can guarantee you that if I wanted to prove a point, I could have 5 different used VH4's on their way to me by the end of the day.

RJF":39dr67mg said:
Hey_bert_whtcha_doin_bert":39dr67mg said:
GOHOINC":39dr67mg said:
Hey_bert_whtcha_doin_bert":39dr67mg said:

I'm sorry, but right now yes. How do I know you are wrong? Because I can guarantee you that if I wanted to prove a point, I could have 5 different used VH4's on their way to me by the end of the day.

Exactly my point. 5-10 years ago one could not make that statement and the VH4 commanded a high price in the used market. Nowadays it seems I can find them on every site I look at and know a number of individuals who have them among their collection. I see higher supply in the used market without an increase in the number or people looking for amps in that price range, let alone specifically a VH4.

To reflect on the market more generally look at the Bogner XTC Classic. There will never be more of them in existence than there are today and they are still dropping in price.

RJF":22c94vpo said:
Hey_bert_whtcha_doin_bert":22c94vpo said:
GOHOINC":22c94vpo said:
Hey_bert_whtcha_doin_bert":22c94vpo said:

I uh... Don't believe you. :)

Hey_bert_whtcha_doin_bert":2x2oidw9 said:
RJF":2x2oidw9 said:
GOHOINC":2x2oidw9 said:

I uh... Don't believe you. :)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=176648
https://reverb.com/item/1920962-diezel- ... -condition
https://reverb.com/item/1882453-diezel- ... -pre-owned
https://reverb.com/item/1604278-diezel-vh4-2007-stock
https://reverb.com/item/1572171-diezel- ... tone-black
https://reverb.com/item/1301235-diezel- ... ack-silver
https://reverb.com/item/1313799-diezel- ... light-case
https://reverb.com/item/1196704-diezel- ... s-included
http://tonemerchants.com/news/bob-rocks ... -for-sale/
https://www.facebook.com/thearushaaccor ... 2221360480
\:D/

RJF":psu98tmj said:

q0sdxbmrwc2xffhs0z6f.jpg
Come on man, tell us what you really want to say! :)

Seriously, I' have 2 Diezel slant 4x12 cabs (I adore) they were loaded in a X-pattern of V30s and Peters (supposedly) custom Eminence 12". The Eminence sounded good "mixed" for a while but I eventually realized that mixing speakers just because we're "tone snobs" isn't gonna make us any better players and the cab was missing that all around rich tone that the Eminence lacked. I then swapped out the Eminence for 2 V30s and the cab came alive.

I play mostly '80 and '90s rock - Sabbath, Maiden, Priest, Zep, Purple, etc . . . Even Peter told me directly that he's not a fan of mixing speakers. And believe it or not (even though you can mix and match various power tubes pair-wise in his amps) Peter also told me directly that he's not a fan of mixing power tubes either. He said he simply adds this feature as a "convenience".

So my advice, if you're into hard rock and metal, the Celestion V30 is the way to go.

I can't agree more. The Eminence speakers suck. At very first, I thought they sounded cool because they somewhat reminded me of a P50E and had kind of a scooped sound, but after a while their weird high end wore on me.

I have two other diezel cabs with a V30/K100 X and like them, but the V30's over power the K100's considerably and are a majority of the sound. I agree, V30 when paired with anything Diezel. The Diezels are so "clean" sounding that the grit a V30 adds is just right.

RJF":18r1cy30 said:
I can't agree more. The Eminence speakers suck. At very first, I thought they sounded cool because they somewhat reminded me of a P50E and had kind of a scooped sound, but after a while their weird high end wore on me.

I have two other diezel cabs with a V30/K100 X and like them, but the V30's over power the K100's considerably and are a majority of the sound. I agree, V30 when paired with anything Diezel. The Diezels are so "clean" sounding that the grit a V30 adds is just right.
Nice RJF!

I wouldn't go as far as saying the Eminence suck, but they are without a doubt subpar to Celestion and to the all mighty Celestion V30 particularly for rock & metal. Also, if you want to A/B a V30 with the Eminence ~equivalent, the closest spec-wise Eminence is the CV-75 (although it's 75W, not 60W the specs are almost identical). BTW, back in the day when Peter's business partner was UWE Salwender mostly distributing out of Tone Merchants when they were located in Anaheim CA (now in Hollwierd CA), the tag on the rim of the Eminence magnet read (DV12-V8) meaning 12" diameter or ~30cm at 8Ohm.

RJF":1ej5271v said:
sorcerscore":1ej5271v said:
what's so bad about eminence speakers? so many people hating on them.
Maybe because they don't sound good? :LOL: :LOL:
Do you guys feel that way about Eminence speakers in general or just this specific model? I'm curious because I don't have much experience with Eminence. I really the Eminence MS-12 in my Mark IIC+ combo though. I compared to the EV in another Mark IIC+ combo I used to have and much preferred the Eminence MS-12. So far V30's are probably still my favorites

braintheory":14dcifoq said:
RJF":14dcifoq said:
sorcerscore":14dcifoq said:
Do you guys feel that way about Eminence speakers in general or just this specific model? I'm curious because I don't have much experience with Eminence. I really the Eminence MS-12 in my Mark IIC+ combo though. I compared to the EV in another Mark IIC+ combo I used to have and much preferred the Eminence MS-12. So far V30's are probably still my favorites
I meant the Eminence speaker found in the USA Diezel cabs.

Outside of that the only experience I have is the P50E in my VHT stuff. I like that speaker in the VHT gear, because the P50E is partly what defines that VHT sound. However I don't really like anything else plugged into my fatbottom cab and visa versa I don't really like my Ultra Lead plugged into one of my Celestion cabs. Nothing sounds "right" to me. It's like when Heinz came out with green Ketchup, it's just not right. Make sense? :LOL: :LOL:

My default speaker has always been and probably always will be the T4335 Celestion V30 (aka the Mesa V30). That speaker is terrific and perodically watch CL for old beat mesa recto cabs for cheap to harvest those speakers.

i'm just wondering how many people could pick eminence speakers when it's a blindfold test. i believe people like to rip them apart just because it's cool to sound like you know your shit on message boards like this. could you really hear a difference when you're cranked in a massive club playing live with a band??? i'm being serious i'd like to know if all you eminence haters have such good ears that it would ruin your concert going experience or hearing an album. my guess is you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. maybe under a microscope and A - b'ing them you'd be able to against other speakers but if you're running a top of the line VH4 head through a 4x12 cab of eminence speakers you'd be blown out of the room.

sorcerscore":2p4x6hq6 said:
i'm just wondering how many people could pick eminence speakers when it's a blindfold test. i believe people like to rip them apart just because it's cool to sound like you know your shit on message boards like this. could you really hear a difference when you're cranked in a massive club playing live with a band??? i'm being serious i'd like to know if all you eminence haters have such good ears that it would ruin your concert going experience or hearing an album. my guess is you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. maybe under a microscope and A - b'ing them you'd be able to against other speakers but if you're running a top of the line VH4 head through a 4x12 cab of eminence speakers you'd be blown out of the room.
Oh please anyone with an experienced ear can pick out an Eminence vs a V30 in a heartbeat.

Peter builds his amp's EQ around the V30 speaker, far as I'm aware. The cheap Eminence found in the USA cabs has nothing to do with Diezel Amplification and was the US distributor's workings trying to find a speaker for less cost, IIRC. They sound unappealing to most people when compared to a Celestion and is why they have a terrible reputation. If it upsets you, oh well.

sorcerscore":3es51ihi said:
RJF":3es51ihi said:
sorcerscore":3es51ihi said:

they do sound good...people are just hating to sound like gear head purists.
Coming from the guy that doesn't even know the difference between a front and rear load design. :D

I'm sorry your stuff didn't sell, or at least sell for the price you wanted. Those speakers.... are a considerable turn off for a lot of buyers and for a substantial reason. If you ever get the chance, swap in some good Mesa V30's into that cab and you will then understand what everyone says here.

Back