Synergy amps?

CrazyNutz":2ttbmpve said:
jkdsteve":2ttbmpve said:
Got some love from FedEx today...

Rad, what modules did you get?

BE and HBE....slowly getting around to unpacking...still can't believe they are finally here! \m/

Attachments

• IMG_1904.JPG
    IMG_1904.JPG
    320.8 KB · Views: 5,014
Mattfig":3m8ibgjn said:
Congrats Steve! That box is a sight of beauty!

No doubt! :rock:

Haven't messed with the cathode switch yet but each module has 3 position switch on the back...cool flexibility for the input section.

Friedman ones set to middle, SLO styleto the right if I'm reading correctly...

JerEvil":2kzil7tt said:
Man I am really interested in hearing what you think.

Honestly...it could be a while. I question the sanity of needing these for someone who messes about a couple hours/month....but after all this time/anticipation I couldn't resist. When will I get to play this stuff more than a quick wrist job, who knows? :D

I want to say the BE/HBE sound almost exactly as you'd expect...this may sound anti-climactic but in reality it's a compliment. If anything I was pleasantly surprised how good they sound out of the box, having run the gamut previously of $300-$600 modded Randall/Egnater modules.

I've never owned a BE or HBE amp but several Friedman modded MTS/Egnater modules designed to get that tone, these sound fuller than those for sure....not sure if anyone will appreciate but a lot of the Randall stuff could sound thin even with cap mods etc.

These will surely stick around for a while, definitely until I've had a chance to play a lot more.....would like to try the SLO too.

Very cool dude
One thing I wanted to ask I had always found MTS
Fairly noisy and a lot of hiss
Are you noticing a big improvement in noise floor or is the hi gain HBE for ex
Still noisy and on verge of feedback

gtr31":x1ohnw2s said:
Very cool dude
One thing I wanted to ask I had always found MTS
Fairly noisy and a lot of hiss
Are you noticing a big improvement in noise floor or is the hi gain HBE for ex
Still noisy and on verge of feedback

I want to say that the HBE is lower gain than the modded HBE(s) I had on the Randall platform, probably with a bit better component choice and range on the controls because they're not hacked into another circuit...some third party modders had the gain waaaay up, even into oscillation on some modules.

My favorite mod on the Egnater Dual platform was C45 on one side and HBE (or maybe it was BE) on the other.....wish I still had that sucker.

The off board mods and switches made for quite a lot of hiss on modded MTS modules, I think can safely say that I've had about 98% of them to make that statement :)

Synergy BE/HBE has less noise for sure... :rock:

Four cable method in the series loop is working flawlessly and took a couple minutes to set up following the instructions in the manual.

8 channels of fun has me wanting a MIDI foot switch...lol

jkdsteve":27b4f9k4 said:
I've never owned a BE or HBE amp but several Friedman modded MTS/Egnater modules designed to get that tone, these sound fuller than those for sure....not sure if anyone will appreciate but a lot of the Randall stuff could sound thin even with cap mods etc.

These will surely stick around for a while, definitely until I've had a chance to play a lot more.....would like to try the SLO too.

I have a RM100, and many MTS mods. I sold off all my JF, and Salvation mods because frankly I thought they sounded pretty anemic.
I just mod my own modules, and use better caps like the SoZo Nexgen (same as the synergy royal mustard caps).

The fix for your MTS AMP RM50, or RM4 sounding thin is to replace the crappy .1uf coupling cap on the input tube board with a SoZo (or synergy royal mustard)

CrazyNutz":34a3ypg4 said:
jkdsteve":34a3ypg4 said:

I have a RM100, and many MTS mods. I sold off all my JF, and Salvation mods because frankly I thought they sounded pretty anemic.
I just mod my own modules, and use better caps like the SoZo Nexgen (same as the synergy royal mustard caps).

The fix for your MTS AMP RM50, or RM4 sounding thin is to replace the crappy .1uf coupling cap on the input tube board with a SoZo (or synergy royal mustard)

I modded the input of two of my amps with different coupling caps...it made a lot of difference to my RM50s and sweet on the RM100

Also Salvation MDA board is great replacement for stock Presence/Density controls...I have two amps with Foglifters too.

By far the best mod is to have Friedman do a workup on the amp.....and here we are finally with some signature Friedman stuff in modular form....kind of how I got here, that and lusting after BE/HBE amps for so long :)

jkdsteve":nqfqh420 said:
I modded the input of two of my amps with different coupling caps...it made a lot of difference to my RM50s and sweet on the RM100

Also Salvation MDA board is great replacement for stock Presence/Density controls...I have two amps with Foglifters too.

By far the best mod is to have Friedman do a workup on the amp.....and here we are finally with some signature Friedman stuff in modular form....kind of how I got here, that and lusting after BE/HBE amps for so long :)

Have you tried the synergy modules in your randall amps yet? I'm interested in how that sounds.

Back