Synergy amps?

CrazyNutz":111gp3u1 said:
jkdsteve":111gp3u1 said:
I modded the input of two of my amps with different coupling caps...it made a lot of difference to my RM50s and sweet on the RM100

Also Salvation MDA board is great replacement for stock Presence/Density controls...I have two amps with Foglifters too.

By far the best mod is to have Friedman do a workup on the amp.....and here we are finally with some signature Friedman stuff in modular form....kind of how I got here, that and lusting after BE/HBE amps for so long :)

Have you tried the synergy modules in your randall amps yet? I'm interested in how that sounds.

I really need to do that because my RM50 is my favorite amp along with my Randall 4x12...going to be limited Channel A unless I sling my SYN2 into the mix! \m/

jkdsteve":3tm78eec said:
I really need to do that because my RM50 is my favorite amp along with my Randall 4x12...going to be limited Channel A unless I sling my SYN2 into the mix! \m/

If they sound good, i'm going to mod my rm100 to allow switching the duals. It just one simple pin you have to ground with a switch on the back plane.

I have a Syn1 and a SLO module arriving next week. Live use is key for me. I will let you guys know how it works for me.

CrazyNutz":g02h9yev said:
jkdsteve":g02h9yev said:

If they sound good, i'm going to mod my rm100 to allow switching the duals. It just one simple pin you have to ground with a switch on the back plane.

Didn't realize you could do that from the amp side, always assumed it had to be on the module where the Optos/Relays are.

gtrlw":2wlyzwcn said:
I have a Syn1 and a SLO module arriving next week. Live use is key for me. I will let you guys know how it works for me.

I have to get me an SLO module at some point :doh: :doh: :doh: :LOL: :LOL: :rock:

CrazyNutz":3d9e9rid said:
jkdsteve":3d9e9rid said:

They sounds OK in the Randall '50...really must check my bias..it's been sat idle a year!!!

Sounds better and both channels with the Egnater M4 into the RM50...best sounds is from the SYN2 though - mojo on the input circuit?

jkdsteve":38rbrqax said:
CrazyNutz":38rbrqax said:
jkdsteve":38rbrqax said:

They sounds OK in the Randall '50...really must check my bias..it's been sat idle a year!!!

Sounds better and both channels with the Egnater M4 into the RM50...best sounds is from the SYN2 though - mojo on the input circuit?

Yes, most likely the input circuit. Trace the Schematic, or take some high res photos :)

What differences are you noticing? higher/lower gain, darker/brighter, tighter/looser?

CrazyNutz":3nspskf9 said:
jkdsteve":3nspskf9 said:
CrazyNutz":3nspskf9 said:
jkdsteve":3nspskf9 said:

Yes, most likely the input circuit. Trace the Schematic, or take some high res photos :)

What differences are you noticing? higher/lower gain, darker/brighter, tighter/looser?

Tighter, maybe slightly higher gain....there's that patented Fryette Sag circuit control up front in the SYN2

jkdsteve":75e8rg9v said:
stephen sawall":75e8rg9v said:
Fryette Dynamic Sensing Technology

Feels like some kind of expander/limiter i.e. compressor to be honest.

Yes it's essentially a compressor. It sags the tube voltage based on the input signal.

for all those who are not following Synergy on Facebook,
made this screenshot last week (when it was "new") :LOL: :LOL:

images.php

Not many things are truly challenging when it comes to a/b tests

This one IMO deserves posting one of them is a 68 plexi
The second a Synergy module can you spot the module and real amp

No looking at the description just use you ears. Good luck

can't get link to save , comp issues see below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTxwesu8FdU

Piero the Guitarero":17p9b060 said:

images.php

I wonder how they will tackle the Vh4? Just the 3rd channel I'm guessing? Would be pretty cool to have a BE- VH4 channel 3- HBE amp

DeathbyButterslax":1e7252ey said:
Piero the Guitarero":1e7252ey said:

images.php

I wonder how they will tackle the Vh4? Just the 3rd channel I'm guessing? Would be pretty cool to have a BE- VH4 channel 3- HBE amp

It's 3/4
Dual eq on the DZL

gtr31":3a3kunnx said:
Not many things are truly challenging when it comes to a/b tests

This one IMO deserves posting one of them is a 68 plexi
The second a Synergy module can you spot the module and real amp

No looking at the description just use you ears. Good luck

can't get link to save , comp issues see below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTxwesu8FdU
Gotta say, that was pretty impressive. The 68 had a little more bite but it was still close.

I'll have some form of Synergy sooner or later. Had some Randall modular stuff, and an Egnater MOD-50 head that was great. Thinking about the low watt head with built in clean and 1 mod slot.

Back