Herbert MK1

AtownBcat

I'm sure this stuff has been talked about, but I'm short on time as one of these amps has come up for sale in my area. Is there a down/up side to the MK1? This is the original config correct? Just trying to get some info before I take the plunge. Thanks in advance.

Go for it!

I cant live without external bias points.

Peter uses bigger transformers now if im correct, creating better headroom on the clean channel.
Well im using active emg's now in my main guitar and my clean is......clean!

No reason to go for the MK2.

well I picked it up! so I'm now part of the diesel family ( I need a tshirt...lol)
My first impression...holy hell, I thought my Ubershall was heavy...this thing is built like a tank. Now if I can just get my wife out of the house so I can let it rip...lol

AtownBcat":21icf2ce said:
well I picked it up! so I'm now part of the diesel family ( I need a tshirt...lol)
My first impression...holy hell, I thought my Ubershall was heavy...this thing is built like a tank. Now if I can just get my wife out of the house so I can let it rip...lol

Congrats and good luck with your wife :LOL: :LOL:
Same problem here :doh:

The KRS ARES I picked up here a while back reminds me of the Herbert quite a bit only its tighter and brighter in the mids. Doesn't have the same low end though; don't know if anything produces those gnarly sub-frequencies like the Herbert does.

This is kinda off topic but I'm looking to get Herbert MK1 off the internet and I was wondering if I should have the seller remove the power tubes when shipping it? I've bought a few boogies over the years and this is what I always had done as long as they were numbered properly. thanks.

Has anyone played an MKII and compared it to an MKI? This will be my next amp after I order my 2nd VH4 (well the only one I'll have, sold the first one :doh:)

Back