NAD: ELAN MK2 PRE BY METALHEAD ELECTRONICS - DINO FF TONES!

dawnofdreamx97":27vleapz said:
Got this in today and man I have to say I really love it ! A ton of different tones and features in this box, talk about ahead of his time , Elan is / was the man, great great great sounding preamp! DINO fear factory tones galore , plus killer cleans and crunch tones, you can blend the two channels if you want to which is pretty interesting, the fx loop and switching works killer to....

:rock: :rock:

I now really want one of these. could build a great rack rig around this.

Jeremy":381wqwhe said:
That little preamp pedal would be fun as hell!
I think it's an actual preamp, mini version with a pedal line out to bypass? Looks like 2 separate pieces. Pretty cool and from the original designer!

I bought one a couple of months ago. It sounds like shit, no matter how i used it.

Guys, don't do the same mistake i made!

Metal1977":3sbtn41p said:
I bought one a couple of months ago. It sounds like shit, no matter how i used it.

Care to make a quick clip if you still have it? Directly into interface with a cab sim plugin would do...

godgrinder":hjc2o5xk said:
Metal1977":hjc2o5xk said:

Care to make a quick clip if you still have it? Directly into interface with a cab sim plugin would do...

I don't have it anymore, gave it away.

Metal1977":3idic6os said:

What did you play it into? i.e. Power amp, Amp fx-return? Speakers, speaker emulator?

Eric

I heard it was cool, but it doesn't sound like the amp. The guy that brought the Elan modded Marshall to me picked one up after he bought the amp.

shred-o-holic":2yxgzj5l said:
Metal1977":2yxgzj5l said:

What was your main issue with it?

It didn't sound like Nick's preamp or Jerry's awesome modded Marshall in the youtube clip at all. I mean it was totally different, felt like the crappiest metal distortion pedal you can find and believe me i had a couple. Maybe i had a lemon? I tried it with some different power amps, with the same result.

You won't hear me bash products publicly very often but it was probably the worst purchase of my entire 30 years of buying guitar stuff. Maybe i was expecting too much?

It's pretty expensive, i do it to prevent someone from getting ripped off again.

ericb":3r9wk7t4 said:
Metal1977":3r9wk7t4 said:

What did you play it into? i.e. Power amp, Amp fx-return? Speakers, speaker emulator?

Eric

Amp fx-return and Power amp.

Metal1977":wbl4go1a said:
shred-o-holic":wbl4go1a said:
Metal1977":wbl4go1a said:

What was your main issue with it?

It didn't sound like Nick's preamp or Jerry's awesome modded Marshall in the youtube clip at all. I mean it was totally different, felt like the crappiest metal distortion pedal you can find and believe me i had a couple. Maybe i had a lemon? I tried it with some different power amps, with the same result.

You won't hear me bash products publicly very often but it was probably the worst purchase of my entire 30 years of buying guitar stuff. Maybe i was expecting too much?

It's pretty expensive, i do it to prevent someone from getting ripped off again.

No I think it's always good to put that out there if that is what you found. With the plethora of options for high gain tone nowadays it may save someone a few bucks and wasted time. I have been an FF fan of Dino's tone for a long time so initially it sucks people like me right in.

Back