best way to plug the captor in audio interface

jean0

Hi guys,

For the one who own the torpedo captor, I was wondering what you think is the best way to plug your captor in your audio interface.

I mean,
1) do you use an XLR from the balanced active DI outpout into the MIC input of your audio interface ?
2) do you use a TRS cable from the Balanced line output into the LINE input your audio interface ?
3) do you use a TRS cable from the Balanced line outpout into the DI input (if you have one) of your audio interface ?

I have tried all of them, and the third solution appears to be the best, the problem is that with this solution I have a huge buzz.

Let me know what you think,

Jean

Salut Jean, I believe you contacted us on the support.

A DI input is always unbalanced, meaning it's sensitive to noise. Depending on the impedance ratios (whether you plug a line into a DI, a DI into a Line etc...) it can (and most usually will) change the tone, for better or worst, it's a matter of taste and luck.

I would suggest you stay with the XLR-> mic version, and try to add a little extra flavor in WoS.

If you were referring to me, I go from TRS on the Captor to Line input on the interface. I tried the XLR option but that caused a lot more noise. I don't have a DI input on my interface.

Back