What's Peter's favorite?

MrFlexx

I've just bought myself a Diezel Herbert again and am to buy a 4x12 too. When reading on this forum I find different sayings about Peter's favorite cab and speaker combination for the Herbert. Some says it's a FL K100, other says FL V30 or even the BL V30. So which one is it?

IIRC, I think Peter said that he liked K100s in the front-loaded cabs and V30s in the rear-loaded cabs. I don't exactly recall him saying which was his favorite with the Herbert, but I vaguely remember something about the 412FK.

FWIW, I picked up a 412FK to go with my Herbert. To me, the 412FK sounds better with Herbert than any of my V30 cabs, or any of my other cabs, for that matter, regardless of speaker. Although... it did get along really well with several 65w Creamback loaded cabs (2x12 & 4x12). Years ago, my main cab had K85s (same speaker as K100), so I kind of knew what to expect from those. Just for the record, I'm usually not a big fan of V30s with most amps (but not all).

Just my opinion, FWIW, but I'd go with the 412FK, but I doubt you'd go wrong with the 412FV or even the 412RV for a slightly looser feel.

Peter Diezel":3csm2ws4 said:
412 FL V30

You are correct sir! This right here is one of the best 4X12 cab designs + speaker combinations ever. Frontloaded with V30s. Also my personal favorite as well.

:rock: :rock: :rock:

Peter Diezel":147a0unz said:
412 FL V30
Can't argue with the master! (Nor would I want to.) Now, I've got another reason to get another Diezel cab! (As if I needed another reason... LOL!)

Thank you, sir, for all the great tones! :rock: :rock: :rock:

Peter Diezel":1h39z6v5 said:
Or 412 FL K100 ? :LOL: :LOL:
Now you get me all uncertain about which one to get. I want the one's that’s most versatile of the two. I love the tone of Andy Woods’s first album released in 2009, especially the tunes: 11th Hour and Emergence Day. My style of playing is a lot like Emergence Day and the melodic part of 11th hour in hybrid with Doug Rappoport. Which one do you suggest is the right one for me then Peter?

MrFlexx":39sgzlch said:
Peter Diezel":39sgzlch said:
Now you get me all uncertain about which one to get. I want the one's that’s most versatile of the two. I love the tone of Andy Woods’s first album released in 2009, especially the tunes: 11th Hour and Emergence Day. My style of playing is a lot like Emergence Day and the melodic part of 11th hour in hybrid with Doug Rappoport. Which one do you suggest is the right one for me then Peter?

Please don´t get me wrong. I was just kidding. The 412FLV30 is
versatile and will fit your needs.

Best,
Peter

Peter Diezel":3634bccu said:
MrFlexx":3634bccu said:
Peter Diezel":3634bccu said:

Please don´t get me wrong. I was just kidding. The 412FLV30 is
versatile and will fit your needs.

Best,
Peter
Thanks Peter! You got me there :D

Get both. That’s what I did. Sounds better than one or the other. Nothing like (2) 412s ran in stereo

Do v30's, mixed with K100's. I did this to one of my cabs and it was a sick combination. Very 3 dimensional sounding.

CrazyNutz":rgt23sct said:
Do v30's, mixed with K100's. I did this to one of my cabs and it was a sick combination. Very 3 dimensional sounding.
I agree. There aren't a lot of combinations I like (I've tried quite a few), but V30 + K100 is definitely one of them.

Just placed an order of the 412 FL V30 and maybe I'll try the K100 combination later on. Thanks for all your input.

Back