Who has been to the House of Guitars in Rochester NY?

The giant Marshall is my fav! That thing really works. Jim Marshall gave it to them because they had a mint Marshall Major that he wanted and they gave it to him. I think it's one of four they made.
Jerry
469068463_BDoFg-L.jpg

daver101":1gox7q0v said:
Bad Brad":1gox7q0v said:
Here are some pictures of the Joint. My friend went back to the car to get the camera. Enjoy.

http://garyfaria.smugmug.com/gallery/72 ... 7653_FK7Cx

Your making me homesick!!! :(

Sorry Bro, but I figure everyone should at least be able to see what us that have been there have experienced. Video will be up in a few days. I didn't realize that the Marshall Monster Stack was real.

Oh man just thinking of Yngwie demoing a MAjor in there gives me wood.....................................

That place freaking rules!

Bad Brad":3frkqjv5 said:
daver101":3frkqjv5 said:
Bad Brad":3frkqjv5 said:
Here are some pictures of the Joint. My friend went back to the car to get the camera. Enjoy.

http://garyfaria.smugmug.com/gallery/72 ... 7653_FK7Cx

Your making me homesick!!! :(

Sorry Bro, but I figure everyone should at least be able to see what us that have been there have experienced. Video will be up in a few days. I didn't realize that the Marshall Monster Stack was real.

It's a cool place. I'll visit it again over the fourth of July this year, if all goes as planned! :)

daver101":1ombc6w0 said:
Grew up two blocks from the HOG. Cool place, but yeah, gear gets pretty banged up the way things are left stored. And good luck finding a power cord if you are trying to test an amp!!! :LOL: :LOL:
Then I'm sure you have eaten at Taci's.

Bad Brad":1plddw8s said:
daver101":1plddw8s said:
Grew up two blocks from the HOG. Cool place, but yeah, gear gets pretty banged up the way things are left stored. And good luck finding a power cord if you are trying to test an amp!!! :LOL: :LOL:
Then I'm sure you have eaten at Taci's.

Taci's is long gone. They moved to the plaza by Ridge Billiards and they got bought out

I live a few blocks from all this stuff

HOG is kinda my home away from home. I used to be in a band with one of the big guys there, so i'll just go to shoot the shit or try shit out.

I love that their stuff has issues. You can easily get cost +10% on anything there as long as you ask, and pay even less if it has a ding. If you don't ask for a discount, you won't get one.

Has anyone else been to the basement of the HOG?

There are literally many hundreds of box's and cases full of shit that they have no idea whats in there.

They usually have a nice selection of gibson custom shop les pauls, i see alot of people on the les pauls forums buying from them.

Les Zombie":16g8d0ia said:
They usually have a nice selection of gibson custom shop les pauls, i see alot of people on the les pauls forums buying from them.

They are one of the top 2 or 3 sellers of Gibson's. They get tons of rare and unique Gibson's. The collectors thrive off the HOG

atrox":1ih8sep5 said:
Has anyone else been to the basement of the HOG?

There are literally many hundreds of box's and cases full of shit that they have no idea whats in there.

I haven't been but now I really want to! I'll probably hit HOG up when we play out there next month, I try to stop whenever I'm in the area.

I haven't been there in many years, probably last time about 23 years ago. Expensive guitars were stacked in racks like bookcases, and most of them had dings and scratches all over them. They had a ton of really cool stuff though. The basement was a total mess with t-shirts and CDs just thrown in piles with no order whatsoever. Hopefully they've cleaned it up a bit since then. I think I need to make a trip out there soon.

ZEEGLER":1iigr18j said:
I haven't been there in many years, probably last time about 23 years ago. Expensive guitars were stacked in racks like bookcases, and most of them had dings and scratches all over them. They had a ton of really cool stuff though. The basement was a total mess with t-shirts and CDs just thrown in piles with no order whatsoever. Hopefully they've cleaned it up a bit since then. I think I need to make a trip out there soon.

That's not the basement I'm referring to, but they have cleaned it up. problem is, they have so much shit downstairs that it still looks messy

Growing up as a kid, when most of my friends wanted to have pizza parties or go to the movies for their birthday, I always wanted to make a road trip to House of Guitars. I grew up near Oneonta, NY so it was about a 3 hour drive one way, but my mom was always super supportive of my obsession for guitars and would always bring me up there once a year. I vividly remember being 12 years old and having one of the sales guys be super cool to me, and spent a LOT of time letting me try stuff out and answered a million questions. I wish I remembered the guy's name.

Back