i love my EVH stealth head but ....

MYLILSS

I really wish the damn power and standby switched were on the front. it annoys me to have to reach behind the amp to turn it on and off. I am actually thinking of switching back to the evh for gigging and taking the invective out of my rack, just so I don't have to deal with it at home anymore :LOL: :LOL:

I don't mind it on my 50w, I have them memorized and flick them blindly.
Seems as though they could have put the global presence dial on the back alongside the resonance, used a regular sized fender amp jewel instead of the large circle type and they would have enough room for the power and standby switches on the front.

Mailman1971":1z0gngao said:
Haven’t jammed over a month.
Fired up the EVH EL34 stealth.
:rock: Man that amp just smashes.

that's the next one I want ! I figure since I have the 6l6 version I need the el34 :LOL: :LOL:

D-Rock":3b5k4dfr said:
I don't mind it on my 50w, I have them memorized and flick them blindly.
Seems as though they could have put the global presence dial on the back alongside the resonance, used a regular sized fender amp jewel instead of the large circle type and they would have enough room for the power and standby switches on the front.

I loved my 50w, and for some reason I didn't mind them on that amp. the 100w is just so big and bulky it is weird to be reaching behind it to flip the switches. I agree with your thoughts on the global presence, and moving things around though with the 50w. it would have been much better

I had the 6L6 stealth too. I really dug it!
But the grind of that EL34 one. Man. One of the best I had in my grubby hands. :LOL: :LOL:

Mailman1971":33nw2eio said:
I had the 6L6 stealth too. I really dug it!
But the grind of that EL34 one. Man. One of the best I had in my grubby hands. :LOL: :LOL:

you definitely aren't help my need for one of these amp man ! :doh: :LOL: :LOL:

that mid grind is what i'm after, and everyone says that amp does it almost perfectly

Yeah, it used to annoy me too but only when it was in my rack case, that was a major pain.

Just sold it though, never thought i would, just loved that blue channel!!!!! But i A./B it with the BE and damn did it feel small and squishy against it. The BE is so tight feeling and big. Love that amp!!

7 Stringer":2tml379e said:
Yeah, it used to annoy me too but only when it was in my rack case, that was a major pain.

Just sold it though, never thought i would, just loved that blue channel!!!!! But i A./B it with the BE and damn did it feel small and squishy against it. The BE is so tight feeling and big. Love that amp!!

That's kinda how I feel about them as well. Played one against my 5150 II and it made the 5150 III seem like a kid play toy thing. Just not my amp I guess?

The 5150 III is easier to play though compared to my 5150 II which was nice - no wrestling a bear :LOL: :LOL:

Some like gum. Some like life savers.
:LOL: :LOL:

Lot of guys here owned so many great Amps!
Everything from cable to cabs effects etc...
Come into play. If you heard my shit in person.
You would know. :D
But it’s all tit for tat.

glpg80 said:
7 Stringer said:

That's kinda how I feel about them as well. Played one against my 5150 II and it made the 5150 III seem like a kid play toy thing. Just not my amp I guess?

The 5150 III is easier to play though compared to my 5150 II which was nice - no wrestling a bear :LOL: :LOL:

Yup my thoughts also, i am also playing my 5150 II lately and it is a fight sometimes, especially since i dont use a lot of gain. Had my III since they came out and enjoyed it a lot, but now i feel i had to move on. The BE covers so much ground especially since i have the JBE mod on mine, it gets really aggressive and HEAVY.

And it is very easy to play, no wrestling here either :LOL: :LOL:

Mailman1971":2wurx6hu said:
Some like gum. Some like life savers.
:LOL: :LOL:

Lot of guys here owned so many great Amps!
Everything from cable to cabs effects etc...
Come into play. If you heard my shit in person.
You would know. :D
But it’s all tit for tat.

I got a feeling when you turn on that Dmoll, that 5150 might be in trouble :LOL: :LOL:

Back