And justice for all guitar tone

Sounds exact. Any studio trickery going on ? Sounds like the isolated guitar tracks from the CD were profiled on a Kemper.

Thx a lot guyz! That means a lot! Regarding the eq, most of the times I use the classic Metallica v shaped eq. Vol 10, treble 10, bass 0, mids 2pulled (adds more gain) , master 2( I have an isolation cabinet), lead 4 and lead master 3 pulled. I also use some eq in the torpedo wall of sound software because the custom impulse that I ve found is really scooped. I think I might do a video tutorial using the torpedo CAB and this impulse.

Big Rich":2gv2tbd4 said:
How did you set the eq on the amp ? That was damn close dude. Sounded fukin brutal.

Me and my buddy did this with my drg into a Randall iso cab with a C90. So hard to capture that album tone.
https://youtu.be/ZUXOnIMzi5I
I think it's impossible to even come close to the justice tone without using different mics and a parametric eq. Using impulses is much easier. I have an isolation cab but no matter how many times I ve tried recording, it doesn't sound as good as my torpedo CAB. Also, the Randall iso needs some mods to sound right... A friend of mine had one and he decided to mod it using some more foam after watching a video on YouTube. The problem is that unless you use either a 2x12 or 4x12, the recording lacks tightness.

sotosprince":1c83ab1u said:
Big Rich":1c83ab1u said:
How did you set the eq on the amp ? That was damn close dude. Sounded fukin brutal.

Me and my buddy did this with my drg into a Randall iso cab with a C90. So hard to capture that album tone.
I think it's impossible to even come close to the justice tone without using different mics and a parametric eq. Using impulses is much easier. I have an isolation cab but no matter how many times I ve tried recording, it doesn't sound as good as my torpedo CAB. Also, the Randall iso needs some mods to sound right... A friend of mine had one and he decided to mod it using some more foam after watching a video on YouTube. The problem is that unless you use either a 2x12 or 4x12, the recording lacks tightness.

No shit I always tell people to use a 4x12, anything less go home. If you're using an ISO cab use one that you put a 4x12 into like the ones A&S sells. There is no way to compensate for a small cab when it comes to tones like these, I don't car what anyone says.

EXPcustom":dq1sj4it said:
sotosprince":dq1sj4it said:
Big Rich":dq1sj4it said:

No shit I always tell people to use a 4x12, anything less go home. If you're using an ISO cab use one that you put a 4x12 into like the ones A&S sells. There is no way to compensate for a small cab when it comes to tones like these, I don't car what anyone says.
Thats so true man... The two notes products are so amazing for both home recording and club gigging..I can't imagine recording without my torpedo CAB...

One more question do you notice a difference in tone running 6l6 with EL34s in Simulclass mode or is it similar when just running all four of the same like EL34s or 6l6s?

EXPcustom":1xn999vc said:
One more question do you notice a difference in tone running 6l6 with EL34s in Simulclass mode or is it similar when just running all four of the same like EL34s or 6l6s?
To be honest, there might be some small tone differences... Maybe the one sounds more powerful when running simulclass.. I'll record the same riff and get back to you!
Meanwhile I recorded 2 guitars really fast based on a backing track for the freyed ends of sanity that I found. This is what it sounds like
Lots of mistakes - even the main riff is wrong but who cares haha its all about the tone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMHIKjS ... e=youtu.be

The AJFA tone has a lot of EQ scoop after the amp (or in the loop). When I had the custom Boogie EQ it helped a lot.

I never liked the Mark series amps with EL34’s (unless they were Sylvania 416’s). The EL34’s add mid range to an already mid heavy amp. I always preferred the sound of 4 Sylvania 6L6’s.

psychodave":wh7nilhw said:
The AJFA tone has a lot of EQ scoop after the amp (or in the loop). When I had the custom Boogie EQ it helped a lot.

I never liked the Mark series amps with EL34’s (unless they were Sylvania 416’s). The EL34’s add mid range to an already mid heavy amp. I always preferred the sound of 4 Sylvania 6L6’s.
I ve never tried 4 6l6s but I'll do that! I think I sent you some messages about 3 years ago asking you about your mark 3 coli vs ur simul class blue stripe but that was in the boogie forum before I got my mark III. :rock:

Back