Playing a show with The Bullet Boys tonight

marshallmel

I'm afraid it's going to be a shit show because there's been managers and bands fired along the way.
Hopefully Marq doesn't break a hip tonight. :LOL: :LOL:

Enuff Z Nuff was supposed to be here but..... And The Bullet Boys have no backline so they're using our rigs.

lespaul6":163u6pe7 said:
sounds like a blast... where the hell is their gear?

They used the old "our bus with the gear broke down" ploy. It's hilarious. I brought a Helix so I could set up and tear down quickly. Marq does not want to play through it. I'm just sitting back and watching the train wreck unfold.

We're scheduled to play on this bill with EZN and Bulletboys in a couple weeks near Detroit...

Sounds like there's much to look forward to!

marshallmel":1x60naa7 said:
lespaul6":1x60naa7 said:
sounds like a blast... where the hell is their gear?

They used the old "our bus with the gear broke down" ploy. It's hilarious. I brought a Helix so I could set up and tear down quickly. Marq does not want to play through it. I'm just sitting back and watching the train wreck unfold.

That is awesome.

If they asked to play my amp I’d tell them to fuck off. :LOL: :LOL:

When it was all said and done I was really blown away. That fucker can still bring it and his voice is as good as ever. Also Marq played guitar all night. The other guitar player isn't really necessary. Put on one hell of a show. And everyone was super friendly.

They played a show local to me about 8 years ago. The gig was in a garage that I think was an auto repair shop by day.

They refused to go on stage because the vocalist wasn't satisfied with the PA, as the monitors were not good enough. A buddy of mine was in the opening band and he knew I had a 500 watt powered mixer and a pair of 15 inches wedges. I let them borrow my gear to keep the gig from being cancelled.

:)

Pretty sure all they showed up with was a couple guitars and a bass. They also demanded an extra $100 right before going on stage. Not sure if they got it.

:D

marshallmel":334d0cl5 said:
When it was all said and done I was really blown away. That fucker can still bring it and his voice is as good as ever. Also Marq played guitar all night. The other guitar player isn't really necessary. Put on one hell of a show. And everyone was super friendly.

Good to hear!

So essentially he shows up with a guitar and a couple of picks and hopes for the best? What did they end up playing through? Seems to me Bullet Boys is also essentially just him on vocals now and a bunch of stand ins. Seems like a bit of a prima donna but at least he is still performing.

I've read that he's actually a very good player, Marq. I believe he tried out for Ozzy after Randy passed.
That's funny, demanding to use your gear...lol

The gearhead in me was all excited to see what rigs they were using and to talk gear. The guy that didn't want to use my Helix brought a TSL 60 but he had no cab. An actual audience member ran home and got the guy a 4x12 to use.

One of two times someone used my gear was when my band opened for Link Wray at The Tractor in Seattle. I had a ‘78 2203 at the time and hearing Link Wray play Rumble through it was a real pleasure.

Why would a band like The Bullet Boys go on tour to local clubs with no amps/cabs/drumset and expect to borrow the local band's gear? Do they pay the opening band to rent their gear? Don't they own any equipment, have a van or bus to haul their gear in a cargo trailer? Are they that lazy that they can't get their own gear out of the gear trailer or van/bus?

Around the mid '90s, our cover band was offered a show to be the opening band for Dazz Band at JJ's Downtown in San Jose, CA. We were told that we would have to play on the floor in front of the stage and that they have to borrow our gear after our set. Our manager said "Fuck this shit" so we all packed up and left. I saw the headliner's white box truck roll up to the club to load in their gear as soon as we started leaving.

Guitar George

Guitar George

They had instruments and a bit of gear with them and the rest was in a different vehicle that was legitimately broken down. They all have endorsements with companies as well. Tiny, BB drummer, had Pearl ship a kit to the venue and his drum guy had it set up and waiting for him. He ended up using our drummer's kit but his own snare and cymbals. It was more of a time issue than anything else.

I'm really interested in hearing how different or similar a story Mattfig will tell after his Bullet Boys adventure.

marshallmel":2uelr9ir said:
They had instruments and a bit of gear with them and the rest was in a different vehicle that was legitimately broken down. They all have endorsements with companies as well. Tiny, BB drummer, had Pearl ship a kit to the venue and his drum guy had it set up and waiting for him. He ended up using our drummer's kit but his own snare and cymbals. It was more of a time issue than anything else.

I'm really interested in hearing how different or similar a story Mattfig will tell after his Bullet Boys adventure.

I'm hoping it will be different. Chip and the guys are friends so I'm hoping that they make our show on the 25th along with BulletBoys....The new BB material is solid IMHO and EZN, despite their lineup changes, are all time top 10 for me...

Back