Using a preamp with the C.A.B.

Jalevinemd

When using the C.A.B. without an amp, how important for the overall tone is it to use a preamp in addition to my pedals?

It depends on what pedals you are using. Some guys are happy just running an overdrive or distortion into the CAB. Others prefer a preamp/preamp pedal or an overdrive in front of a preamp.

Ultimately whatever sounds best to you is the right way to do it.

Tronald Dump":1sfbjifc said:
It depends on what pedals you are using. Some guys are happy just running an overdrive or distortion into the CAB. Others prefer a preamp/preamp pedal or an overdrive in front of a preamp.

That :rock: :rock:

Tronald Dump":3mtg0gza said:

That’s the answer I was afraid of. :LOL: :LOL:

I’m pretty satisfied with the tone for the most part coming through the headphones. Just wish the notes on the higher strings during my leads would ‘bloom’ a little more. They still sound a bit compressed to me. I’m sure a lot of this is simply a matter of tweaking the CAB settings. Was hoping everyone would tell me I absolutely need to run a preamp in order to get a truly convincing tone. :thumbsup:

Back