Show your rigs!

I'd love to find one of those old TBR rack-mounted amps. Not sure how closely they're related to the Fender versions released when Paul worked for them, but I would imagine that each was an updated version. All of them seem to be pretty rare, though, or at least I've only seen a few for sale the handful of times I've actually looked.

My K55 is a two-channel non-reverb version from (I think) 2002. I bought it new from Fazio's in STL. It does have my favorite knob of all time... the Master on channel two (the clean channel) has a "Pull Ninja" function... I keep expecting black robed creatures with swords to drop from the ceiling every time I get up the nerve to use that switch!! ;)

Hot JCM800 is about right, about as much gain as the channel switchers (2205, 2210). It's a fun little amp, but I really don't use it much.

Thanks for the info!! I know a little bit about Paul's history with Fender, but very little about Rivera (the company). Didn't he work for Randall Smith at one point, too?

My main rig:

156buih.jpg

My Mini rig for small gigs/practice

2isa4gn.jpg

I´m not sure Fender ever actually released anything resembling the TBR series, even if there were a few prototypes made that might be floating around somewhere. They did have a rackmounted version of the Super 60 around that time, though, which might be what you´re thinking about. But that´s a very different animal.

I had a standard TBR for many years and I´ve played the SLs a bunch of times. Very cool amps, that clean channel is bar none the best I´ve ever tried and the amount of features is staggering considering when it was made. These were very expensive, and I guess not that many went out the door compared to the M series or the later Knuckleheads.

I´m not sure Paul ever worked for Randall Smith, but they were both around the same LA scene, modding amps and building gadgets in the early 70s and might have worked at the same place or something like that. Everyone from that era seems to have worked at the Valley Arts shop at some point, for example.

Dave L":6edjshx9 said:
I´m not sure Fender ever actually released anything resembling the TBR series, even if there were a few prototypes made that might be floating around somewhere. They did have a rackmounted version of the Super 60 around that time, though, which might be what you´re thinking about. But that´s a very different animal.
Based on old catalogs, Fender offered the RGP-1 pre-amp along with the RPW-1 power amp around 1983. I remember seeing one for sale 5-10 years ago, but it could have been a prototype. Based on the lack of info on Google, you're probably right that it didn't make it out of the prototype stage. Anyway, this would have been the same time Paul Rivera was working for CBS Fender.

http://thevintagesound.com/ffg/rgp-1.html
http://ampwares.com/amplifiers/fender-rgp-1/

Couldn't find any other pics online, and this one could be a drawing. There are pictures in Fender Amps: The First Fifty Years by Teagle and Sprung
RGP1.jpg

Paul talks about the Fender version around the 1:34 mark.

Update... I replaced the Egnater Tourmaster 2X12 with this MESA 2X12 rectifier cabinet. The ENGL pairs much better with the MESA in my opinion.

vHfhgCu.jpg

Fret-Shredder":3i93804o said:
Update... I replaced the Egnater Tourmaster 2X12 with this MESA 2X12 rectifier cabinet. The ENGL pairs much better with the MESA in my opinion.
vHfhgCu.jpg
As raw and in your face as it gets!
Fuck yeah :rock:

Fret-Shredder":2r6641y8 said:

vHfhgCu.jpg
I don't know if those are your settings on the Savage, but
insider tip: Run channel volumes over 12 'o clock and adjust Master to room/taste.
It will sound less buzzy/distortion pedal-like, and becomes phatter and meatier sounding.

I do the same thing with my Invader btw. Engl's master volumes work quite well.

white buffalo":1ppd6hf8 said:
Things change at lightning speed here, so this is somewhat outdated, but to give an idea:

CU0EDUG.jpg

More info on the middle tele? The frets look monstrous and that thing looks well played :rock: :rock:

glpg80":l10uk2ao said:
white buffalo":l10uk2ao said:
Things change at lightning speed here, so this is somewhat outdated, but to give an idea:

CU0EDUG.jpg

More info on the middle tele? The frets look monstrous and that thing looks well played :rock: :rock:

That was a Nacho Baños heavy relic replica. He's the guy that wrote The Blackguard Book- he builds, too. It was an alright guitar. My number one, which smokes absolutely everything in the picture and any other guitar I've ever owned or played, is the one to the left of that guitar; my 2006 custom shop Nocaster. Nothing has ever come close to that thing. Might not look like much, but it smokes everything.

Well, better late than never... Here's a good chunk of my stuff. My rig could range from a combo amp to a wall of Marshalls. I didn't include any of my pedalboards, any of my combos, or any of my guitars, and I've got 5 more cabs floating around here somewhere. Maybe I'll dig some of those out tomorrow. Anyway, sorry the pictures aren't that great, but you should be able to get the general idea.

file.php

file.php

file.php
file.php
file.php

Attachments

• Big_Rack.jpg
    Big_Rack.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 2,516
  • Small_Rack.jpg
    Small_Rack.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 2,518
  • Heads.jpg
    Heads.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 2,518
  • Marshalls.jpg
    Marshalls.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 2,521
And at the other end of the spectrum from ChurchHill (so much awesomeness in those pics!), my w/d/w rig for MSLR is growing...lol. All my cabs and most heads in storage right now, so this is the current big rig. Only 1 head at a time. :aww:

vXyfw1Il.jpg

07lTpycl.jpg

Churchill...

My God man. Now THAT'S some gear!

Anytime the wife complains about my gear, I'm just gonna refer her to your collection.
:rock:

LOL! Thanks, guys!! Yeah, I finally joined in 2017, but had been lurking for years, HRI, too. Some of this stuff has been with me for years. I still love it as much as the day I started playing!

SpiderWars":3e5ialbx said:
And at the other end of the spectrum from ChurchHill (so much awesomeness in those pics!), my w/d/w rig for MSLR is growing...lol. All my cabs and most heads in storage right now, so this is the current big rig. Only 1 head at a time. :aww:
I wouldn't call that the other end of the spectrum... size, maybe, but awesomeness? No way! Damn nice rig!!

Imagine a small room with a beat up 5150 halfstack (block letters, modded by following an old post here) and a Marshall JVM410H (Gower Modded) with Marshall 1960 cab, standing side by side; with a Digitech GSP1101 placed on top of the Marshall and a Music Man Luke 3 in Olive Gold Metallic sitting next to the stacks on a stand.
Thats my rig.

Back