=-=

psychodave":1me00cji said:
Clips sounds awesome as usual. Are there any clips made by people who have your mod? I’m curious to see if their hands can replicate how you make it sound.

Below is a clip of my Marshall Major that has Michael's RT mod. It definitely sounds different than Michael's clips.

Michael's videos sound killer. And, obviously, a lot of that awesome tone is definitely the amp with his mods, but his playing is a big factor too, and the speaker, and the mic and mic positioning etc etc.

I'm not really trying to replicate the tone he gets. I like low output pickups/less gain, pronounced mids and I like a tight bottom end. That's just what I gravitate toward. It takes me further away from the Van Halen thing, but it works for my tastes. This is with an SM 57 on an old UK V30. (Les Paul with a Suhr Thornbucker).

https://app.box.com/s/q3s5rm9oo4ab4mgs0pn3pjywjlunj2dj

littleguitars":16691jer said:
psychodave":16691jer said:
Clips sounds awesome as usual. Are there any clips made by people who have your mod? I’m curious to see if their hands can replicate how you make it sound.

Below is a clip of my Marshall Major that has Michael's RT mod. It definitely sounds different than Michael's clips.

Michael's videos sound killer. And, obviously, a lot of that awesome tone is definitely the amp with his mods, but his playing is a big factor too, and the speaker, and the mic and mic positioning etc etc.

I'm not really trying to replicate the tone he gets. I like low output pickups/less gain, pronounced mids and I like a tight bottom end. That's just what I gravitate toward. It takes me further away from the Van Halen thing, but it works for my tastes. This is with an SM 57 on an old UK V30. (Les Paul with a Suhr Thornbucker).

I don't know, still sounds pretty damn sweet and your playing was buttery smooth!

littleguitars":3bpb4c17 said:
psychodave":3bpb4c17 said:

Sounds great. Less gain than Michael’s clips.

Thanks guys. And yes Dave, definitely less gain. More drive is definitely there if you want it though. And it does sound great that way too. It's just that the older I get, the more I find myself turning down the gain on all of my amps.

Other than the one wire mod, I don't really know what Michael did to this amp. All I know is that it sounds incredible and I'm super happy that he took the time to hook me up with this Marshall.

littleguitars":8wxu75zn said:
psychodave":8wxu75zn said:

Thank you my friend for posting this sound clip. :thumbsup:
It's one of my favorite sound clips and your guitar playing sounds awesome. :rock:
I love this kinda tone with the cleaner gain structure. :thumbsup:

Sounds good Michael. I like all the clips you've made with those wizard speakers. The greenbacks sound great too though. When I first got the Major, I was thinking about getting some greenbacks to pair up with it, but I like to play fairly loud and I'm not sure that's a good idea given the wattage of those speakers. I'm thinking about picking up some wizards or maybe even some Lynchbacks to see how those work out for me.

For sure. It sounded incredible. That's when I started my hunt for a Marshall Major.

With respect to the Wizard speakers, I've read that cone cry can be an issue with them. Have you noticed any cry when you start pushing those speakers?

Back