Double-miking update

:p

Attachments

• 9C3FD759-6196-4019-B3B7-E8E7ABA79373.png
    9C3FD759-6196-4019-B3B7-E8E7ABA79373.png
    550 KB · Views: 17,492
Dear all, here is an update on the new firmware for CAB and LIVE and new Torpedo Remote development.

I must have said it before, but the reason why it's taking so long is that we totally redesigned our software production methods thanks to some new high profile collaborators in the team. This will lead to better software quality (not only Remote, but WoS, BlendIR and any future soft will follow that new set of rules), and faster time to market to offer updates more often.

• - Right now the low level communication between the Remote and all the hardware units is almost finished.
    - New remote interface is now fully resizable (no more S/M/XL fixed sizes)
    - The interaction of firmware and remote is compiled and tested in real time, all the time, ensuring very little risk of bugs
    - A MAJ for WoS is scheduled for early August (better stability, new VST3 and AU3 - sandboxing compatible - formats)
    - We're working on the compatibility with the next version of OSX which will be 64-bit only

Seriously! How far can you push a release of this update? You don’t even reply anymore.

I was in the US for 2 weeks for Gearfest and Summer NAMM, we make progress, I hope the statement I just wrote will better explain the situation. ;)

guillaume_pille":2r4opcao said:
I was in the US for 2 weeks for Gearfest and Summer NAMM, we make progress, I hope the statement I just wrote will better explain the situation. ;)

I work in IT as a solutions architect and I know how long it takes to develop QUALITY software. The testing time along can take months and if not done properly, you'll end up spending twice as much time in customer support and re-coding not to mention a big hit on brand image. So I'm patiently waiting.

I was at both GearFest and Summer NAMM (good to live in Nashville) and I visited the Two Notes booth at GearFest and played with the Le Bass and CAB. Big reason they now live on my board. If I'd have known who you were, I'd have introduced myself.

Just wanted to thank you for your wonderful products and let you know that I'm very excited about the upcoming releases. The sizeable window alone makes me very happy as well as my Mac no longer telling me you need to update your software. LOL!

I'm a bass player, so my board pales in comparison to some of my guitar playing friends, but there is a LOT of tone on this board:

Attachments

• IMG_2557.jpg
    IMG_2557.jpg
    937.1 KB · Views: 17,401
chadhargis wait, we didn't meet? I was on the booth for both events. I know I like to check other booths and not stay too static on my own, but we should have seen me! Find me on Facebook, you'll see my face, maybe I didn't introduce myself! ^^

Regarding the development, we needed to start working like any other big company regarding software production quality control, we're almost there!

guillaume_pille":2x71lwrs said:
Dear all, here is an update on the new firmware for CAB and LIVE and new Torpedo Remote development.

I must have said it before, but the reason why it's taking so long is that we totally redesigned our software production methods thanks to some new high profile collaborators in the team. This will lead to better software quality (not only Remote, but WoS, BlendIR and any future soft will follow that new set of rules), and faster time to market to offer updates more often.

• - Right now the low level communication between the Remote and all the hardware units is almost finished.
    - New remote interface is now fully resizable (no more S/M/XL fixed sizes)
    - The interaction of firmware and remote is compiled and tested in real time, all the time, ensuring very little risk of bugs
    - A MAJ for WoS is scheduled for early August (better stability, new VST3 and AU3 - sandboxing compatible - formats)
    - We're working on the compatibility with the next version of OSX which will be 64-bit only

Seriously! How far can you push a release of this update? You don’t even reply anymore.

:rock: :rock: :rock: Ur the man! :D :D :D

guillaume_pille":3akm89qe said:
chadhargis wait, we didn't meet?

It's quite possible you handed me the bass at GearFest. It was literally so loud I wouldn't have heard you if you introduced yourself. I think the Tech21 booth was next door and someone was shredding on the new Dug pedal or something. But it was very, very loud.

I ran through NAMM so fast I missed a lot.

OK, so what's new:

- We are working on the GUI which is the last stage of development. All the low level code is done and working, and way more efficient
- because you guys had so much time to wait, I consider adding a few more options that we didn't communicate about yet, to make the update more spectacular. ;)

guillaume_pille":2r0b3tk9 said:
OK, so what's new:

- We are working on the GUI which is the last stage of development. All the low level code is done and working, and way more efficient
- because you guys had so much time to wait, I consider adding a few more options that we didn't communicate about yet, to make the update more spectacular. ;)

That's great news. I'm trying my best not to be dick here, but I'd really hope this hidden feature is about mic axis adjustments. I remember it was mentioned in some years at NAMN interview that it is a thing on the list.

It’s been a long year to wait...

Ok, I know it's a long time, but January 2018 is not a year ago. ^^

That project was actually started a year ago though, and we aim at end of October for the first working beta. We just hired a highly skilled developer to help us go faster, he's starting today.

Lol. It's not exactly one year ago, but It is 75% of a year gone at least. Only due to lack of competitors in the same field two notes can be so lazy and do things like hire new staff in the last minute. Or else in a more competitive market you keep your customer waiting for 9 months(I first got the word since febuary) you know exactly the answer whether would they abandon you or not. At least I do. I gave up long ago. I tried almost all the online impulse responses including paid ones and am ok with most of them. The new 2 mics betas? I'm not that much interested anymore. At least not to be the first few lucky ones being the test subjects.(look at all the shiit windows 10 updates did to people) I have a unit with stable old working version firmware to use. That's all. Beyond that, I lost faith that I can expect anything more from this company. Seriously, it was rumored that it will surface after some music shows early in the year, than teased end of september and now keeps dragging on. At least now I can make a choice to not to feel the same again when it happens again at end of October.

If my unit ever breaks down, I'm just gonna settle with other reactive load product. There are many way cheaper stuff from other brands that do reactive load and IR loader. I lost all the faith and goodwill to differentiate the price anymore.

Back